Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Notifications for quotes? - Help & Feedback Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Notifications for quotes?

Is it possible to get a notification when somebody quotes you? I don't mean a notification by email - just on the site.

(Apologies if this has been answered before - I did search before posting.)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• RolandRoland Frets: 8108
    Is it possible to get a notification when somebody quotes you? 
    Below are the default notifications. “Notify when people mention me” should notify you because your username will be in the comment they quote.

Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    IMG_0056.jpeg 381.3K
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 2587
    Roland said:
    Below are the default notifications. “Notify when people mention me” should notify you because your username will be in the comment they quote...
    I'm pretty sure that quotes don't trigger a notification.

Unlike the @NothingOnTheTele mechanism.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    Roland said:
    Below are the default notifications. “Notify when people mention me” should notify you because your username will be in the comment they quote...
    I'm pretty sure that quotes don't trigger a notification.

Unlike the @NothingOnTheTele mechanism.
    Correct.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    What about signatures? 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • Roland said:

“Notify when people mention me” should notify you because your username will be in the comment they quote.

Doesn't seem to work unfortunately. I get notifications for mentions but not for quotes.
  • Sporky said:
    What about signatures? 
    Signatures? Didn't even realise this forum had them. I've been using the mobile site so can't see signatures. Wonder what else I'm missing out on?
    Thankfully, most people's signatures are fairly restrained. No giant sparkly banner images.

Mine either isn't working, or @TTony is ignoring it... 
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    Sporky said:
    Thankfully, most people's signatures are fairly restrained. No giant sparkly banner images.

How could you even think that I'd ignore you??

Tags in signatures don't trigger a notification, only in the body of a post.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    edited May 2023
    Sporky said:

Ohhhh, so much want for something I currently don't have & wouldn't ever use. Still...
    Ah well. I have plenty of other ways to be annoying. As you've all noticed, no doubt.