Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Lakewood D32 Custom — Value? - Acoustics Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Lakewood D32 Custom — Value?

What's Hot
jiiimjiiim Frets: 29
Hi Folks,

I have a Lakewood D32 Custom which I bought around 2003. It's been very well-loved, played, and toured (been in a few notable hands and venues over the years!).

But the time has come for it to go to another home, as I'm not playing acoustic.

It's got a little play-wear and has had a headstock crack which has been repaired by a professional luthier.

I'm trying to value it… it was around £2500 in '03 IIRC.

But they come up used so rarely that it's hard to assess.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• bertiebertie Frets: 12145
    edited May 2023
    looks like they're around the same price new,  now   -  around £2300.   

Not sure what the age, the repair and whatever the "custom" appointments will do to the "value"
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • MellishMellish Frets: 945
    If as @bertie says, around £2300 new now, then £1150-£1300? Maybe the lower end of that.

:) 
  • I think Lakewood are very good guitars, but for some reason they are slow to sell second hand. I'd agree £1300 seems about right.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • jiiimjiiim Frets: 29
    Thanks folks