Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Gibson Keb Mo J45 - Acoustics Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Gibson Keb Mo J45

What's Hot
tomjaxtomjax Frets: 59
Just come across this relatively new Gibson J45, a 12 fretter. This really floats my boat... except for the price :(

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• koss59koss59 Frets: 779
    I know of a used 12 fret limited edition J45 if thats too pricey. Only 44 made
    Facebook.com/nashvillesounduk/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • tomjaxtomjax Frets: 59
    Would be interested to hear more... Thanks!
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5820
    What a silly silly price .
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • bertiebertie Frets: 12145
    TBH I thought Kevin synonymous with parlors  -  live and learn as they say
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    @bertie I believe he had his signature Martin HD28 long before his Gibson L-00 model.
  • TanninTannin Frets: 4394
    edited May 2023
    It is very, very ugly. But that little bit of extra scale length probably helps it play better than the average J45. (Which after all would not be difficult.)

(OK, you have guessed it by now: if there is one common guitar model I dislike more than any other, it is the J45. Never yet  played one I liked.)

OK, I'll get my coat.

Tannin said:

OK, I'll get my coat.

Sensible move… 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • bertiebertie Frets: 12145
    edited May 2023
    tomjax said:
    @bertie I believe he had his signature Martin HD28 long before his Gibson L-00 model.
    was just based on seeing him play (not live !!  )  from waaaay back   
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 5625
    Can't remember what he was playing when I saw him at the RAH supporting BB King, but whatever it was he got the hairs on the back of my neck standing up. Just him, the guitar and some light reverb and it was spell-binding. Don't think it was a parlour guitar, though.
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4314
    I think it looks pretty bloody good.  If pricey....
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter