Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Pickup opinions - Acoustics Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Pickup opinions

MonkeyboneMonkeybone Frets: 259
When I went to The Guitar Show in Birmingham, Faith had a prototype Legacy Neptune on show/for sale. What made it different to the production models is that it had an LR Baggs Stage Pro Element pickup system instead of the production model's Fishman Flex-Blend. I only had a quick play through an amp with the prototype, but to me it sounded good. Does anyone have any experience with the Fishman system and know of any pros and cons with either system? Thanks in advance. 

My band - Crimson on Silver  For sale - Blackstar HT-5S

Gear - Guitars, amps, effects and shizz. Edited for Phil_aka_Pip, who is allergic to big long lists.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    edited May 2023
    I have installed and used the L. R. Baggs Element under-saddle transducer as part of an Anthem SL system.

Regular readers of my waffle will know that I am not a fan of piezo UST sounds. If I had had the full-blown Anthem system, I could have pushed the balance control over to 100% microphone and lived with it. The Anthem SL did not allow this. I promptly sold it and upgraded to the Lyric (microphone only) system.

The Fishman Flex Blend looks suspiciously similar to the Taylor Expression. The latter is excellent for recording or live, through a P.A. Plug in. Get on with performing.
    Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter