Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). A.I. - Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

A.I.

theatreanchortheatreanchor Frets: 961
This stuff is nuts. I can’t quite believe it. Anyone else?

Yes, Beato again, but he’s probably right. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• TheBigDipperTheBigDipper Frets: 4501
    Good short-ish watch. I'm a dinosaur. I don't even like live music performances using backing tracks and augmented vocals - no matter how good it sounds. At best, I'll be OK with a sample triggered in time by a human and that's about it. My approach is if you must play live using the extra tracks you added in the studio, bring a musician out with you to play them or find another way of playing the material. I'm not dissing people who use backing tracks and feel OK about it. That's up to them but it's not for me - as a player or as a fan. But plenty of people will just embrace it (as a musician) or ignore it (as a fan) and just get on with things. 

So Beatos prediction sounds plausible, but I'm not of this world and won't be paying too much attention. I've already left the world of "the music business" and decided to remain in the world of "the music enthusiast". I'm as relevant to this as a Dixie Jazz band was to me in the '70s when I was in my teens. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8409
    I think he’s probably right, but it only focused on the vocal element. The bit I think he missed was that people would use it for creative musical potential - think about AI drum programming and sequencing, song structures etc and the artist may be more of “it was my concept so I’m the genius” but the leg work is all done by AI. It will definitely blur the boundaries of effort / reward, more so than when sampling became mainstream, and music will need to be judged purely on its merits.
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1652
    Again old timer her so again the music industry man’s nothing to me.
    other Than I enjoy listening to things old and new.

what is I suppose is more concerning when as Beato says you won’t know or care if the new album is by a real artist or a totally contrived marketing department. You can say you have always had manufactured pop artist but it never really gone much beyond that.

• hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 3605
    I watched this today . I don’t hold with a lot of this stuff but  I can see how it could be useful to people writing music who are not great singers themselves but want to put down a vocal track on their work so that they can use it to demonstrate how they’d like it sung . Say I’m working on an 80s style AOR track and need to put some vocals on it , I want it in say the style of Peter Cetera , it would be great to have the facility to roughly sing it in  and have it come out sounding how you hear it in your head . I’m not sure it can do this anyway & was going to post on here to ask how it’s done . Here’s a great example of Paul Mc Cortney  AI cover of Billy Joel’s My Life

https://youtu.be/zmtu2BJ3sBs
    Yellow brick road. Paul McCartney  
  • LitterickLitterick Frets: 476
    Are you sure it is Beato?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426

I'm as relevant to this as a Dixie Jazz band was to me in the '70s when I was in my teens. 
    … we are the Sultans Of Swing.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson