Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Skellington! - Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Skellington!

What's Hot
vizviz Frets: 10211
edited May 2023 in Music
My daughter’s the bassist in a band called The 29th Funktion - here’s them performing a song called Skellington yesterday.

https://youtu.be/veoMI0lTwek

They came first in the Cambridge under-18s competition on Saturday and won a slot at Camp Bestival in the summer  Proud dad!
Paul_C said: People never read the signature bit.
0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    Great song title. That’s what we call Helen the presenter on countryfile.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • vizviz Frets: 10211
    mrkb said:
    Great song title. That’s what we call Helen the presenter on countryfile.
    Haha!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    "Naught but an skellington, covered with skin."
    Be seeing you.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JfingersJfingers Frets: 283
    I enjoyed that. The Portland Arms is a nice venue, been to some great gigs there.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • RedlesterRedlester Frets: 1072
    edited May 2023
    Saw the title and I thought this was a Julian Cope tribute thread. 

But good luck to your daughter's band! All the best. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4314
    edited May 2023
    "Naught but an skellington, covered with skin."
    But the mother was poor...
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • thingthing Frets: 469
    Great stuff! Brill when your kids make your day.

I was a bit confused by the thread title, I thought it was about skeletons.  Skellington is how my wife pronounces skeleton. She's never been able to say it properly.
    This is absurd.  You don’t know what you’re talking about.  It warrants combat.
    My mum’s the same! And yep it is about skeletons, and wouldn’t it be great if we were all just bones and didn’t overthink things. At least that’s what I think it’s about!
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2072
    That's great. You've got good reason to be proud.

It's not a competition.
  • ElectricXIIElectricXII Frets: 733
    Great stuff. Your girl can play!
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3663
    Already seen and been watching your earlier uploads Viz as I’m one of your YouTube stalkers :o  Great stuff. Skellington is right up my street though. Shame I’m not closer as I’d be popping along.
    I play at my dining room table.
    Ah nice one mate :) well if you’re ever in Cambridge do let me know!