Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Positive Grid Spark for little jam sessions? - Digital & Modelling Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Positive Grid Spark for little jam sessions?

What's Hot
Would something like the Spark work well for little jam sessions in a garage with a drummer on an electric kit? I’m not gigging anymore so contemplating selling my Tonemaster Twin to free up some funds and space, but a friend of mine down the road has suggested meeting up for some evening quiet jams. Assume this would do the job ok? Will also be used as a practice amp at home Anything any better for this?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• markslade07markslade07 Frets: 811
    Oh…it may also be used for a small recording project so being able to plug into a computer will be useful
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 6976
    When I got one I joined a Facebook group about them - a guy on there was doing exactly that
    "Congratulations on being officially the most right anyone has ever been about anything, ever." -- Noisepolluter knows the score
  • rossirossi Frets: 1658
    I did a decent  2 man jam  with a Blackstar fly so the Spark  should be fine at room levels.
  • Bats_Bats_ Frets: 29
    What is amplifying the drummer? If there’s another aux in you could go out of the spark headphone jack in to it. 
  • markslade07markslade07 Frets: 811
    Bats_ said:
    What is amplifying the drummer? If there’s another aux in you could go out of the spark headphone jack in to it. 
    Good question…I’m not sure actually…I’ll ask the question
  • bertiebertie Frets: 12145
    Bats_ said:
    What is amplifying the drummer? 
    hopefully nothing =)
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • AntonHunterAntonHunter Frets: 837
    Depends how quickly a quiet evening jam turns into something more and you need your bigger amp back mind...
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5092
    The Spark should be perfect for the job. The Fender GT40 sounded a little more like a guitar amp to me but they are all pretty good. Some
    more amp like and some more hifi sounding but all plenty loud enough for all electric jamming. 
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    I'd say it isn't loud enough for any situation where you need a mic to sing. But if you can sing without amplification it will be fine
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I think a Spark 40 at full whack would be loud enough as long as you're not putting the drums through a massive amp, but the speakers don't sound that nice once it gets really loud.  I was going to say I'd used mine for an acoustic gig, then remembered it was miced up - but for a jam I reckon it would be good enough.
  • ditchboyditchboy Frets: 186
    I’m waiting on delivery of one but aren’t the speakers supposed to be muffled? I know the eq firmware upgrade was supposed to help. I’m gonna A/B it against the THR10ii but I think the spark looks much more intuitive with amp models and the tones that are available in the cloud. The thr seems less friendly from that respect.