Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). It's only taken me 4 years! Who needs nitro when you have a body like this... - Making & Modding Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

It's only taken me 4 years! Who needs nitro when you have a body like this...

What's Hot
This boobooguitars.com HH t-type reject has been on one hell of a journey but I think it has now reached it's final destination!

I bought this body over 4 years ago now and it has had humbuckers, firebirds, a bigsby and several necks.. Finally I have settled on 2 P90s and an oiled/waxed finish - that grain is too good to hide :D

There is one more slight mod possibility though... I might reshape the top of the pickguard given the position of the selector switch.

0reaction image LOL 20reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• bobaccobobacco Frets: 164
    That looks friggin’ awesome! Congrats on finishing it. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2198
    bobacco said:
    That looks friggin’ awesome! Congrats on finishing it. 
    Cheers  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Lovely piece of wood!

Now tell me it's got a 3-a-side headstock to really complete the Chimera ;)
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4080
    Excellent!  Agree on the scratchplate thing - the less of that grain that's hidden, the better.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• munckeemunckee Frets: 11457
    Its an affront to nature with a trem on a tele but looks great!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • bobaccobobacco Frets: 164
    munckee said:
    It’s an affront to nature with a trem on a tele but looks great!
    I’d have agreed with you ‘til I saw Andy Wood’s Suhr <3

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    Looks great! But I’ve noticed there’s a fret missing (this was common on early fenders) is a 21 fret guitar even playable ;)
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    Well that's epic! Stratty contours? 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Lovely piece of wood!

Now tell me it's got a 3-a-side headstock to really complete the Chimera ;)
    Nah @digitalkettle ;

Yeah @stickyfiddle ;

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    munckee said:
    Its an affront to nature with a trem on a tele but looks great!
    Yes, but it's the Rolls Royce of trems  ;)
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4080
    mrkb said:
    Looks great! But I’ve noticed there’s a fret missing (this was common on early fenders) is a 21 fret guitar even playable ;)
    Some would say a 22nd fret is just an extra place to gather dust.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• SupportactSupportact Frets: 665
    Really like it, well done! 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    Excellent! I've always wondered why you don't see many rounded-off Teles. They look weird with the trad hardware & scratchplate but they can look great with the right layout 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7202
    Beautiful look with the black gaurd on that grain, deffo reshape it though, more like a 72 thinline.
  • richman6100richman6100 Frets: 290
    That's rather lovely. I agree about the pick guard. With wood that nice it's a shame to hide so much of it. I actually think that the neck looks awesome too. Body contours on a T-style make it so much nicer to play, whatever traditionalists might say. I have five and they all have belly cuts. Great work!  :-)
    I restrained from adding a pickguard hole at the top horn, but I did add one for a previous guard so I will need to get creative in order to keep it out of sight.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12286
    I prefer the shape of that guard tbh, mate. :-)

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 8918
    Me likey very mich indeeded.
  • That is lovely - what a great piece of work.  Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you have an equally gorgeous Baha too?
  • WezVWezV Frets: 15793
    The big plate looks better to me... like a real 70's workhorse 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    WezV said:
    I was thinking of going somewhere in between the 2 plates
  • richman6100richman6100 Frets: 290
    WezV said:
    I was thinking of going somewhere in between the 2 plates
    I agree, that would be spot on if you can get the shape to work ok.
    That is lovely - what a great piece of work.  Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you have an equally gorgeous Baha too?
    Yes @Tele-scopic ;my rather neglected Baja... 3 non-blondes!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 505
    Kinda pleased to see someone else taking about the same time over a build as I do (unfortunately due to general life constrains for me mostly). 

Looks great, love the grain of the ash body. 

What pickups did you for? 
    Neilybob said:
    Kinda pleased to see someone else taking about the same time over a build as I do (unfortunately due to general life constrains for me mostly). 

Looks great, love the grain of the ash body. 

What pickups did you for? 
    I traded a boost pedal for a set of gibson P90s on here. 
  • LittlejonnyLittlejonny Frets: 84
    edited April 2023
    OMG I WANT ONE!!!
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1082
    That looks really, really playable. Congrats on the build!
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
  • That looks awesome! If it was mine, I'd maybe take a tad off all round so it wasn't so close to the edge of the body, but it's really subjective and you could be messing around with the pickguard for another 4 years instead of playing. The pickguard  extending out that high on the upper bout is screaming out to me for a 3 way toggle a-la Les Paul.

I'm lovin the trem - where did you source that from? I'm thinking of modding an HB JA-60, and that is exactly the look I'm going for.
    That looks awesome! If it was mine, I'd maybe take a tad off all round so it wasn't so close to the edge of the body, but it's really subjective and you could be messing around with the pickguard for another 4 years instead of playing. The pickguard  extending out that high on the upper bout is screaming out to me for a 3 way toggle a-la Les Paul.

I'm lovin the trem - where did you source that from? I'm thinking of modding an HB JA-60, and that is exactly the look I'm going for.
    It's a descendant trem. I think I got it off here.
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3819
    edited April 2023
    Looks good!

I like the shape of the pg, but has it been "aged"? I'd maybe want to polish it up a bit and round the edges off. Another couple screws? 

You don't really need the control plate for the pots, suppose it makes it look a bit different though?