Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Sad guitar-related news - Mike Milton - CGS / China Guitar Sceptic - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Sad guitar-related news - Mike Milton - CGS / China Guitar Sceptic

What's Hot
Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2100
Hi all,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to put this, but I used to follow Mike quite closely on Youtube, and I found out today he has passed away from ALS/MND.

He was still trying bravely to post content and discuss guitar/music. It was moving watching him really try his best to carry on. 

He seemed like a lovely chap. I know he did quite a lot with Henning Pauly.

RIP man. 
0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• MattPMattP Frets: 240
    i read that too. Extremely sad, he seemed like a genuinely lovely guy, and only 51. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    That’s sad to hear, I loved his videos on the Jimi Strat episode, but hadn’t seen much content since then. RIP Mike.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mbembe Frets: 1838
    Am gutted for him and his family. Such a lovely, genuine guy. I used to watch his videos and he had quite a sensible and honest attitude to what was seemingly quite a dodgy business.

RIP Mike.
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3097
    tFB Trader
    He was indeed a lovely guy, he did a demo of my guitar and wrote a piece called Daniel in honor of my Son, beautifully played too.

Another one gone too soon.
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 2872
    Never heard of him before until this post so I checked out his channel. His last video was bloody heart breaking
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2100
    Stevepage said:
    Never heard of him before until this post so I checked out his channel. His last video was bloody heart breaking
    I know it was really moving wasn’t it. Bless him. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 5615
    edited April 2023
    I haven't watched any of his videos for about 10 months, but even then he was bravely struggling through his presentations and managing very well despite his illness.  He had to contend with a lot of YouTube trolls as his condition started to manifest itself in his speech, even when he added a note below the video to say "Disclaimer: If my voice sounds at all peculiar it is because I have ALS". It's very sad to listen to a few of the videos where he eventually had to use the computer generated voice.  Most other people would have chucked it.  I don't think I can face watching his last video made a month ago despite my admiration for him.  I want to, but I don't want to.  Maybe later.
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2008
    That's terrible news. ALS is a bastard. 

RIP Mike my condolences to his friends and family. 51 is no age at all. 
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • mrleon83mrleon83 Frets: 174
    I’d never seen any of his videos before, but holy moly he handled his situation with true courage, comes across as a genuinely lovely chap, incredibly sad …RIP Mike
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • longjawlongjaw Frets: 411
    Very sad - RIP Mike.
  • brownovichbrownovich Frets: 417
    I hadn't seen any of his videos in some time for one reason or another (I guess the algorithm tried to steer me in other directions) so it came as a real shock to discover this. I interacted with Mike a number of times on his Live Streams and he seemed like a lovely guy.

So so sad to have seen the rapid progression of the disease and that he's left way too soon. I can't imagine how his friends and family must be feeling.

It's deeply deeply unfair.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3097
    tFB Trader
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 3605
    RIP I’ve watched his videos in the past ,he was no age, very sad
  • LeepalLeepal Frets: 1
    Very sorry to hear this terrible news.  I watched his videos as I was getting more into guitar in recent years. 

RIP
  • I can’t believe he went downhill so quickly after he announced he had ALS 12 months ago. Awful awful illness. 
  • benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1385
    Very sad to hear this. Only an occasional watcher of his channel but he seemed like a super nice guy. 
    How very rock and roll
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3116
    Very sad. RIP Mike.
  • HenrytwangHenrytwang Frets: 453
    Sad news. I used to watch him fairly frequently and enjoyed his videos although I haven’t seen one of them for a couple of years.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1790
    OMG I’ve just heard about this. How very sad 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/