Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Well I never knew it was a cover - Donald Fagan and Ruby Baby - Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Well I never knew it was a cover - Donald Fagan and Ruby Baby

What's Hot
guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 12794
in Music tFB Trader
Just playing an apple play list of assorted classic 50's tracks - Ruby Baby by the Drifters comes on - Never heard it before but instantly recall it on Donald Fagan's solo album - Live and learn each day
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• RedlesterRedlester Frets: 1072
    Well there you go... 

I never knew that. What a great album the Nightfly is. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3178
    Yep, I knew as I read it on the album (Leiber and Stoller).

The Nightfly is a desert island disc for me. Beautiful writing, wonderful playing and superb tunes
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BlueingreenBlueingreen Frets: 2506
    I first became aware of it in the 90s when I was playing bass and it was transcribed in one of the bass magazines.  Almost certainly the now defunct Bassist.  It was the Fagen version but the mag must have given a bit of history because I always knew it was a cover.

I never played the song in a band but I am in a band that recently added Walk Between The Raindrops to our set, albeit in an arrangement that's fairly different from Fagen's original on The Nightfly.  Fantastic song.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 12794
    tFB Trader
    Redlester said:
    Well there you go... 

I never knew that. What a great album the Nightfly is. 
    Kebabkid said:
    Yep, I knew as I read it on the album (Leiber and Stoller).

The Nightfly is a desert island disc for me. Beautiful writing, wonderful playing and superb tunes
    agree about it as a great album - Just realised I've not played it for a while either so will change that - Next on the playlist now
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • thingthing Frets: 469
    I didn't know either. Some of the vocal harmonies on Fagen's version are to die for.
    This is absurd.  You don’t know what you’re talking about.  It warrants combat.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    The nightfly, such a classy album.
  • gordijigordiji Frets: 714
    Another never knew, i've played that album hundreds of times, indeed class then and now.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24339
    Love that track - one I often play along to…
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4697
    Great album - it inspired my mis-spelt user name!  :s  :#