Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Sold - Nik Huber Surfmeister - Guitars £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Sold - Nik Huber Surfmeister

What's Hot
richierichie Frets: 65
edited October 2023 in Guitars £
Not sure about listing this one, its a recent addition from Coda, originally sold by Peach last year and demoed below by Jack.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=-xq_Y5UHfBM&feature=share

Lovely guitar, but time for another cull, £3500 is the price, which is what I paid Coda. No trades I’m afraid. Condition is superb, the top is semi gloss so it does pick up finger marks but they polish out, and the colour is really lovely. Back and neck are open pore, fit and finish usual Huber standards and exceptional clarity Haussell tron style pickups that split. The Bigsby is also great here, zero tuning issues experienced. Its just a top quality take on a Gretsch style guitar. 

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Wow, that's about as cool as they come! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 8492
    Lovely looking and sounding. From Jack’s demo seriously versatile.
    If I didn’t detest Bigsbys I’d be PMing
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5092
    edited April 2023
    chris78 said:

If I didn’t detest Bigsbys I’d be PMing
    you don’t have to use it….
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • richierichie Frets: 65
    I love bigsbys, restringing is fine once you’ve got the hang of using a capo to do it. And I find the tuning to be solid as long as the guitar builder knows what they’re doing. But this is a common comment when I come to sell guitars so I am interested in why they seem to be so marmite? 
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 4926
    I love Bigsby's, love the feel, love the sound. What a fabulous guitar this is.
    Call me Dave.
  • CastroCastro Frets: 446
    I got a Surfmeister from World Guitars a few weeks ago. It's one of the best guitars I have ever played/owned and has the same pickups as this one.

You should grab this even if it means stretching your budget.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 15285
    I have played one ........Krautster 2 owner .....it's a fab guitar
    Frankly ,the vid isn't doing you any favours .........weird amp /recording that sounds a bit muddy
    That guitar sounds so much better in the flesh ........fantastic ,lovely thing
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Demo sounds great to me, it gives an idea of the skanky tones you can get in a tweed setup, but it plays nicely with other amps too! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Bump
    Bump
  • JGCJGC Frets: 150
    Dominic said:
    I have played one ........Krautster 2 owner .....it's a fab guitar
    Frankly ,the vid isn't doing you any favours .........weird amp /recording that sounds a bit muddy
    That guitar sounds so much better in the flesh ........fantastic ,lovely thing

Lovely looking guitar, piqued my interest, until I listened to the video .... I'm with Dominic on this one, Jacks demos are normally great but the sounds on display just weren't to my taste at all, pretty sure that's more down to the amp than the guitar actually......so I found this, same player, better sounds imo and started to pique my interest again !!

best of luck with the sale :-)

edited May 2023
    Bump for a top quality mint Huber. I once briefly owned a similar one to the second demo i.e without the bigsby but definitely its a bigsby worthy guitar
    Bump and price drop to £3000
  • Bump