Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Bogner Uber Ultra - Amps Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Bogner Uber Ultra

What's Hot
spirit7spirit7 Frets: 315
Bogner Überschall Ultra EL34 - YouTube 

Oh god.  I think I need to sell my Mark IV and early 80s JCM 800 to buy one of these.  Just sounds absolutely devastating.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 3884
    That sounds godly. Wish I could afford something like that. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • randellarandella Frets: 3847
    That sounds godly. Wish I could afford something like that. 
    Yeah it sounds ridiculous. One for the lottery-win man cave, for sure.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • CHrisP86CHrisP86 Frets: 357
    The Uber was my ultimate amp before this new version! I dread to think how much it will be.

@spirit7 surely the Gower 800 gets similar levels of chug? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • spirit7spirit7 Frets: 315
    I have enquired - £3499 RRP.  Gower gets beastly but it's a different focus - the width of the low end on this is mad, and it seems to have some of that lower mid Bogner focus that I really like.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 3884
    Yup £3500 is a bit rich for my home playing. I'll stick to my Diezel Mini head (£200) for my home teh brutalz. :)

That is less than I thought it would be, but still probably out of my range.

Hopefully a few people upgrade and the market is flooded with original Ubers for sale!
    I have reserved one ...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Uber was on my bucket list but was very underwhelming once I played one. 

Nowhere near as tight as I wanted it to be or thought it would be. 

Was a shame but I finally found what I wanted with KSR amps for my heavy chug tones. 
    I think the Ultra addresses that.  Seems to have the enormous bottom end of the Uber but tighter, and with more options over preamp and power amp EQ and gain structure.
    Did they say when the Uber Ultra would arrive?

Also just seen there is now a 50w version of the 3534, which seems to fix my small issue with the 3534 that it was too compressed on the blue channel. 
    August!  And I’ve also seen the 3534 story, and naturally now want the 50w one…
    (Even though I have and love the 30w one!)
    That’s a wait!

Wonder what the price of the 50w 3534 will be. The 30w now seems to be about £2,500 so I guess it might be pushing £3k for the 50w.
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1569
    spirit7 said:
    I have enquired - £3499 RRP.  Gower gets beastly but it's a different focus - the width of the low end on this is mad, and it seems to have some of that lower mid Bogner focus that I really like.

Did you not get the depth, thump and mid switch on the Gower?
  • CHrisP86 said:
    That’s a wait!

Wonder what the price of the 50w 3534 will be. The 30w now seems to be about £2,500 so I guess it might be pushing £3k for the 50w.
    Blimey I bought my 3534 when they were £1900 new. Yikes! 
    tekbow said:
    spirit7 said:

I did, but the clips I’ve heard of the Ultra don’t seem Marshally at all.  
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1569
    spirit7 said:
    tekbow said:
    spirit7 said:

I did, but the clips I’ve heard of the Ultra don’t seem Marshally at all.  

Fair enough
    @spirit7 Just seen these have landed at GG. Have you got your hands on yours yet?
    I haven't, and am seriously mulling one - but also very interested in the 50w 3534...
    Ah, I thought you had a pre-order in.

Same, I don’t think I could justify keeping either but very tempted to order the Uber or 50w 3534 to try!
    I couldn’t resist and ordered the 100w Uber Ultra from GG. 

I was really hoping to be underwhelmed but its phenomenal.  Blew me away from the first note I played on it. 

Given that it’s a super high gain amp, the range of sounds is crazy.

Clean - goes from clean to a really nice AC/DC crunch.  I played all sorts on this channel. Doobie Brothers, Pretenders, Beatles.

Crunch - picks up a bit from Clean gain maxed out, but a bit thin at low gain, whereas clean at max gain is really fat sounding. Definitely more hard rock than classic rock.

Uber - Awesome, fat, chunky metal tones and less sensitive on the eq than I remember my last Uber. Not too fizzy either.

Ultra - Honestly too much gain on this mode. I don’t think I’d use it much. 

Hair - didn’t notice a massive difference, need to experiment more.

Doom, Focus, Bright - This did make a noticeable change. Doom sounded really huge. 

Metamorph - not played with this much.

Boost - haven’t used it much but nice to add a bit to the clean channel. Could be good for lead playing as an alternative to using master 2 as a lead boost. 

Overall a real problem because I think I’ll have to try and find a way to keep it.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter