Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). SOLD Fender Telecaster TL-52 - demo vid added - Guitars £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

SOLD Fender Telecaster TL-52 - demo vid added

What's Hot
ben_wuhben_wuh Frets: 20
edited October 2023 in Guitars £
For sale is my Telecaster TL-52, bought in the heady days of lockdown 2020. Asking £600 £550 £500 or possible trades for something hollow/semi-hollow/J-bass.

Believe it's a mid-90s model but dating these is tricky. Bought from the original owner who'd had it from new.

Pictures here 

Spec:

- 7.25" board
- Vintage frets
- Bareknuckle Yardbird pickups
- Maple neck and (I think) Japanese basswood body
- Neck's a mdeium soft V, very comfy
- Weight just over 8lbs

The bad stuff

Previous owner had been none too carful with it, cosmetically. It's got plenty of chips and knocks which I've tried to capture accurately in the photos. The neck has been sanded back to a satin finish, which feels great, but it's also become a bit discoloured in the process. This was partly to sand back a dent which you could feel with your thumb, which is can no longer be felt.

It's also worth noting that in some places you can just about feel the transition from maple to skunk stripe with your thumb, but it's certainly not sharp or a noticeable ledge - nothing that is in any way a distraction when playing.

The good stuff

Was set up with a compound fret levelling by Feline in December 2020, and I've played it little since then, so still feels fantastic.At this time the pretty uninspiring pickups were switched out for Bare Knuckle Yardbirds, which improved the already decent sound immeasurably. The pots and jack were upgraded at a different time, so electronically the thing is totally refreshed and absolutely solid.

Truss rod works perfectly; currently set up with 10s, a tiny bit of relief, and medium-low action.

So, a cosmetically imperfect (ahem) but fantastic playing and sounding tele for not too much cash. Only selling as I've bought a CS tele which is getting all the playtime.

No bag or case, so collection only from SE London please - could possibly meet up somewhere within reason, particularly if a trade is on the cards.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2493
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ben_wuhben_wuh Frets: 20
    Thank you @Grangousier
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • What a steal!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Burp
    Bump!
    Check out my masterclass on how not to do a demo vid:

• potato quality
    • phone mic clipping
    • can't see the guitar properly

Still, yougettheidea.bump
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Bump and a price drop. No trades now please cos I bought a bass
    Bump and dropped to £500. Need this gone. Can't go lower - the pickups alone were over 200 quid!
  • JimmyedsJimmyeds Frets: 14
    I like this very much...
    I take it a trade plus cash your way?? 
    A trade for what, sorry? I'm not really looking for trades at this price, but could be tempted for a parlour/OO acoustic or a small amp (Champ/Princeton-esque).
    Bump!
  • Make me an offer and come collect it! Yes it's got dings, and no case. But it plays great and it's got Bare Knuckles in it. You ain't getting one of these for under 500 quid anywhere else.