Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Guess the traitor.............. - Acoustics Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Guess the traitor..............

What's Hot
bertiebertie Frets: 12145
edited April 2023 in Acoustics

just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
 just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 1397
    I got a strat style instrument yesterday too. Happy NGD.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4353
    Looks like he needs some sun, a sandwich and to rewind the clock and pick up acoustic instead! Lol
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • bertiebertie Frets: 12145
    Looks like he needs some sun, a sandwich and to rewind the clock and pick up acoustic instead! Lol
     There's  more !! -  Minky's been posting em on Facebook !!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    I got a strat style instrument yesterday too. Happy NGD.
    that isnt me, and it is 20 years ago !! 
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 11457
    Lord Haw Haw?
    edited April 2023
    20 years!? Jesus.... 
    Link to the FB?  (Actualy, not for public forum lol)
  • TanninTannin Frets: 4394
    That is your grandson and I claim my five pounds.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    20 years!? Jesus.... 
    Link to the FB?  (Actualy, not for public forum lol)
    its on Minky's  newsfeed

Tannin said:
    would be difficult
    bertie said:

Tannin said:
    would be difficult
    No worries. I accept Mastercard and PayPal. Let me know if you need extra time to pay.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    I believe in order to have grandchildren you need to have children, first 
    ^Nahh. That just one of them Internet myth thingies. Hell, I have children as far away as Nigeria, and one of them is a prince!
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    As a determined non Facebook user, I'm still moderately curious to find out what this 'in-joke' post is actually about ?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • As a determined non Facebook user, I'm still moderately curious to find out what this 'in-joke' post is actually about ?

Way back in the mists of time, there was a thing called MusicRadar, and they had a forum, and lots of us were on it.

And on a few occasions - firstly, in 2003, when the above pic is from - we would get together at a whacking great bash called Gasfest, in Bristol, hosted by the much-missed and never less than radiant RockBabe. They were great bashes, she worked her fucking arse off getting some genuinely awesome raffle prizes, to raise literally thousands for a charity called the Drakes Project, and we'd all get up and play shit to each other, then go back to the hotel we all stayed in and get even more leathered than we had been at the venue.

The above pic is of one 18-year old Thomas Ross, currently known as @thomasross20 of this here parish, ripping it up and sounding like a genuine guitar god. He used to get so excited about stuff we'd call him Tigger.

And Minky is a guy who liked taking piccies (and pretty damn good at it he was, too) who was called MinkyMonkey on that there musicradar, which forum duly collapsed under its own weight, hence the arrival of this previously said parish.

Does that help?
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Gasfest really was amazing, same as the attendees. Folk on this forum have been here for 20++ years. Really looking forward to another meetup - sorry been lacking in replies to this - absolutely rammed at work - and Dennis you are too kind, as ever!
    So you are @bertie's grandson. Wow!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • MellishMellish Frets: 945
    @TheOtherDennis ; very interesting. Cheers for that. 

I'd never have guessed that back then that was @thomasross20, though I don't see why not cos I can see it now.

:) 
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 5615
    I would like to know two things concerning the photo of the young @thomasross20
    1. Why do you have a pair of shiny red silk knickers on your headstock?
    2. What chord were you playing?
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    BillDL said:
    I assumed Bertie threw the knickers
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    1. It's a tigger doll (knickers haha)
    2. The Prince Harry chord

Really was good days, those
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    mrkb said:
    BillDL said:
    I assumed Bertie threw the knickers
    you should know by now I only have boxers !!!   
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    As a determined non Facebook user, I'm still moderately curious to find out what this 'in-joke' post is actually about ?

Way back in the mists of time, there was a thing called MusicRadar, and they had a forum, and lots of us were on it.

And on a few occasions - firstly, in 2003, when the above pic is from - we would get together at a whacking great bash called Gasfest, in Bristol, hosted by the much-missed and never less than radiant RockBabe. They were great bashes, she worked her fucking arse off getting some genuinely awesome raffle prizes, to raise literally thousands for a charity called the Drakes Project, and we'd all get up and play shit to each other, then go back to the hotel we all stayed in and get even more leathered than we had been at the venue.

The above pic is of one 18-year old Thomas Ross, currently known as @thomasross20 of this here parish, ripping it up and sounding like a genuine guitar god. He used to get so excited about stuff we'd call him Tigger.

And Minky is a guy who liked taking piccies (and pretty damn good at it he was, too) who was called MinkyMonkey on that there musicradar, which forum duly collapsed under its own weight, hence the arrival of this previously said parish.

Does that help?
    I knew all about Music Radar, I was curious as to the cryptic nature of the post here. 
    Thanks for the comprehensive clarification :+1: 
    edited April 2023

I knew all about Music Radar, I was curious as to the cryptic nature of the post here. 
    Thanks for the comprehensive clarification 1 
    GASFest is from Inter Music forum days  - which was pre Music Radar 

nothing cryptic about the OP,   a simple "guess who"   picture of a bloke we all know playing a guitar  -

that took the subject matter, (much) longer than I expected to respond !
    I'm getting old lol
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    @bertie ; now who is that - is it you?

Nice t-shirt. Does it come in your size?!
    ;)
    =) 
    Mellish said:
    @bertie ; now who is that - is it you?

nope

Im a photo-vampire
    @bertie ; by the way mate, early next year one of our daughters will be moving to Bristol.
    I'll probably be down there several times each ydat (the big guy willing) so if you're up for it, a meet and.a jam?

Mellish said:
    @bertie ; by the way mate, early next year one of our daughters will be moving to Bristol.
    I'll probably be down there several times each ydat (the big guy willing) so if you're up for it, a meet and.a jam?

*makes note,  move house*

sounds good  - where abouts is she moving ?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    @bertie ; all she knows at this point is that it's Bristol. I'll give the exact area when I know it.

edited April 2023
    I'll play Waltzing Matilda for you On 5-string banjo - and that'll make you wish you *had* moved house!

Seriously, Waltzing Matilda is a favourite of mine. Everyone knows it so they can join in. It often pops up in my gigs. Great ice.breaker.