Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Yamaha Storia - Acoustics Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Yamaha Storia

Been looking at these guitars and wondered if anybody has any experience of them? Concert sized apparently.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• One of my learners plays one. I don't like them personally, too thin and tinny sounding for my style of playing but they play alright I guess.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 1397
    One of my learners plays one. I don't like them personally, too thin and tinny sounding for my style of playing but they play alright I guess.
    Ok. Yamaha have a good rep in general but their fingerboards can sometimes be narrow,which is my biggest fear of all.
  • I like their FG series dreadnoughts. They play well and are setup quite decent out the box. Depends on your style of playing.
    That learner bought the guitar from the PMT London store with a sales rep going by the size of them, (they're quite small) and not the style of music they wanted to play on it. They tell me they wish they'd got a dreadnought instead.
  • DavidRDavidR Frets: 595
    I've never played one but I think I would at least take a look at the budget end of Yamaha's FS range too. (Although, if you're looking at the Storia because of the electrics, only the Transacoustic FS has them (I think). If you're never going to use the electrics on a guitar, don't buy them has always been my beef, but I'm a bit of a luddite!)

• guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 1397
    I prefer the smaller models so a dreadnought is not on my radar.