Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Fearless Flyers. Live in Europe - Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Fearless Flyers. Live in Europe

What's Hot
fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 22257

So damn good! 

Some other rhythm sections are as good, but none are better.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1255
    They'd make a great function band!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 22257
    As Jack Stratton is behind most of the Vulf related bands, I'm sure if that raised some cash he'd be booking them for every wedding ever!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 5615
    In general most of the songs aren't the style I would have thought about listening to, but WOW, they are good and I enjoyed that whole video a lot because there is a lot more variety and dynamics than I at first thought there was going to be.  The whole band is a rhythm section, and a very tight one at that.  I found myself listening much more to the bass than I normally do, and I could listen to his playing all day.  Impeccable timing all round.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 22257
    I first became aware of Joe Dart by seeing him on the over of The Bass Guitar Magazine. He had the Wayfarers on, the white T shirt and the leather jacket etc

My immediate middle aged thought was "... Travolta looking hipster twat. Bet he can't play."

Then I saw the Vulfpeck Live at Madison Square Garden video.... 

Turns out I was very very wrong! :D 
    He is now one of my absolute favourites. Great player, great tone.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3178
    edited April 2023
    Aren't they fab and for me, it's Nate Smith (Drummer) that I watch the most.

I just love that they all bring something different to the band but lock in so well and to use an old phrase, they're tighter than a gnat's chuff!
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1660
    What I like about Vulfpeck (anf the above to some extent) is that you can jam along too, but at any level of ability. On bass you can simply hit the ONE, and add a few fills in between as a starter, then move up and on to more complicated lines. The odds though of my future self hitting anywhere near what Joe Dart does, are quite frankly, ridiculous.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter