Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Show us your non-modeller ampless live rig - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Show us your non-modeller ampless live rig

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• LewyLewy Frets: 3795
    edited August 2023
    The gap top right is for an incoming Boss WL-50. This goes from the Powerstage 170 to an EV-loaded Boogie 1x12 Thiele cab. 

For straight to mixer I’d replace the Powerstage with a Palmer PDI-09 speaker sim/DI
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • CarbonCopyCarbonCopy Frets: 161
    Apart from a couple of exceptions, this seems to be an Origin Effects appreciation group!

In addition to the guitar board I posted before, I also have a non-modeller direct solution for bass.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2064
    Apart from a couple of exceptions, this seems to be an Origin Effects appreciation group!

In addition to the guitar board I posted before, I also have a non-modeller direct solution for bass.
    Too matchy-matchy? Not at all!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    ... and a smaller guitar board I use for gigs where I don't need lots of effects. The Torpedo has reverb which is handy and a rudimentary tuner which can be useful.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Keefy said:

Too matchy-matchy? Not at all!

Lol. I didn't intend to but the compressor but the person I bought the Bassrig from said he was selling the compressor too, so I thought it would be rude not to. I'm glad I did as it sounds great... and I suppose has the added benefit of matching the Bassrig!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2064
    ... and a smaller guitar board I use for gigs where I don't need lots of effects. The Torpedo has reverb which is handy and a rudimentary tuner which can be useful.

I’m kinda eyeing up the CAB M+ for my home studio so that I don’t have to keep pulling my CAB off my gigging board. The older unit suits my live needs better because I can change patch with the foot switches.

But by the time I stop spending money on this I could probably have bought a Kemper…
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 22257
    The top row is my entire bass rig. DI straight to the PA and sounds like magic.

Why the EP Booster when both the compressor and the SV have gain/level?
    What is it doing different?
    @stickyfiddle ;
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    edited August 2023
    The top row is my entire bass rig. DI straight to the PA and sounds like magic.

Why the EP Booster when both the compressor and the SV have gain/level?
    What is it doing different?
    Sorry - missed this! @fretmeister ;

It was adding a touch of top end sparkle for a little bit more (and switchable) grit for when I was switching from Motown to rock stuff in the latter part of a set, but I've taken it off now in favour of a OC-5 and MXR Micro Flange which make a much more noticeable difference... 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Cool.

You still need a good envelope filter though! 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    Cool.

You still need a good envelope filter though! 
    No such thing!! :P 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter