Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Suzuki Violin Company Guitars - Acoustics Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Suzuki Violin Company Guitars

What's Hot
Hi all,

I’ve been looking out for a cheap nylon guitar to play around with and have come across a Suzuki Violin Company Guitars 3065 that appears to be in good condition. Have done some googling but there seems to be next to nothing out there about these guitars!

Has anyone ever played one of these, or another similar model from Suzuki? Or even know anything about them?

Thanks!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• GassageGassage Frets: 30192
    edited April 2023
    I have a Suzuki Violin 9651 (my first guitar)

Martin D28 shaped solid top, lam sides. nice. Certainly well made. Lacks bass of a real D. Nitro finished. 

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1082
    edited April 2023
    I have a cheapo parlour - looks like a shrunken Martin - lam back and sides. It's been well kept before me and plays nicely. Shapely volute. Lacking in bass but to be expected of a small body with light strings.

Not to be confused with plain "Susuki" guitars, which are far inferior.

I would certainly give it a go, but don't overpay or expect a forgotten classic.
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
  • Hi, I have an old Suzuki classical guitar which I bought in Cambodia for $100 and for the money it is excellent. I was on holiday without a guitar and found a second hand shop which was prepared to hire me this guitar for $1 a day which was my original intention but I quite liked it and brought it home with me.
  • Thanks all. I think I'll take a look at it!
  • bertiebertie Frets: 12145
    I do remember seeing them in the ubiquitous Bell catalogue,  mid 70s
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11438
    I had a Suzuki Hummingbird copy, it was quite good for a cheap guitar
  • Mercedes300Mercedes300 Frets: 30
    I have a Suzuki 00-45 copy that I bought new in the 70's, It's my favourite guitar, and i'd never part with it. It has a solid top, but I'm sure the back & sides must be laminate. It has a 12 fret neck, and a slotted headstock. I believe they were marketed as the Suzuki Troubadour (Part of the 3's series), and are quite collectable in Japan, where the Japanese vintage guitar dealers usually ask high prices for them. Like a real Martin 00 sized guitar, it has very light construction, and i have always used light gauge strings on it. The fingerboard is very wide (like an old Martin 00), and it lends itself to fingerstyle playing.
  • bugilemanbugileman Frets: 54
    Suzuki come in many different guises. Not all Suzuki are equal, Kiso Suzuki, Three S Suzuki, M.Suzuki.....all related but quality varies greatly. In my opinion some of the Three S Suzuki can be excellent, but again depends on model...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter