Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). EQ acoustic guitar or EQ amp ? - Acoustics Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

EQ acoustic guitar or EQ amp ?

What's Hot
sev112sev112 Frets: 2457
Both my acoustics have pickups and on board EQ 

would one EQ the guitar or the amp?

if the guitar, what do you set the amp and vice verse ?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    Experiment with both.

If you have two acoustics I would probably start by setting the amp roughly flat and adjust both guitars until they sound at least similar, so you can swap guitars without having to readjust the amp, then see if you can get a better sound by adjusting the amp. You probably don't want too different a setting on the guitar and amp, or it may sound odd.

Also, if you ever plan to DI the guitars through a PA where you aren't controlling the sound, it's wise not to use too radical a setting on the guitar - this can cause problems for the soundman - so if you're having to do that to get the sound you want, I would adjust the amp instead (or as well as a bit of more moderate EQ on the guitar).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter