Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Digitech RP1000 - Digital & Modelling Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Digitech RP1000

I just picked up one of these off eBay and for an older piece of tech, it's quite impressive. I don't think there are other floor-based multi fx even now that are geared up to being used with an amp quite so well. You can globally switch the modelling on and off with a dedicated button if you want to go 4CM. There's also a button to control the loop which connects to your amp, so you can bring that in and out easily. And there's a loop for stompboxes that has it's own footswitch, which can be placed pre or post amp. Really nice.

I like the Digitech modelling - I used to have a GSP1101 and I thought the sounds were great but I struggled a bit with the useability. The RP1000 seems to get around the issues I had with that. There's plenty of silly amp models that aren't a lot of practical use but there's certainly plenty of useable ones. It also seems to sound good straight into the front of the clean channel of my amp, as well as into the fx return.

Nice.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• I thought of getting one of these a few times in the past, but ended up with a Helix Floor...but thry do seem to sound great. Jennifer Batten seemed to use hers a lot for all her live performancesfor many years..and she didn't sound half bad!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9128
    edited April 2023
    I still like my gsp1101, as impractical as it is to use most of the time. I am sure there is something to do with the input that just seems to suit my playing (maybe some compression or something?) as I've used other stuff like Helix Native and never found sounds as good as the gsp1101. 

I tend to use the Fender Twin and Deluxe reverb, the Digitech clean preamp, and the Mesa MK4 models. Also the Octavia and Spark drive models are incredible - in my experience better (for me) than the real thing
  • DdiggerDdigger Frets: 2239
    I've never used an RP1000, but I have an RP360 (85 pedals, 54 amps, 26 cabinets) which I like to use into the FX Return of a Marshall.  I think the Marshall amp models are pretty good and plenty of good effects (copies of original DOD effects or other famous effects).

For me, it is amp modelling on a budget.

I hope the recently resurrected Digitech do something new alone these lines.  Digitech seemed to have gotten back into releasing their pedal line up PDQ.