Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). What songs are you learning? - Live Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

What songs are you learning?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• bobeffectbobeffect Frets: 43
    bobeffect said:
    Mansun - wide open space ( I play 1 little known song per gig) then blue Monday which is more complicated than it looks trying to sing a couple of verses then rip i5 up on the micro korg xl
    Mansun~ Wide Open Space - What a great song - I miss doing this. 
    My band mates have shot that tune down as "too depressing".
    We're trying to do 90s indie and alt rock covers that aren't often played by pub bands - Bluetones, Shed 7, Blur, REM etc.

You'll have some good choices out of that lot still. We play some stuff from around then but lots of the audience don't recognise it due to their age so we try to be a bit careful not to slip too much into the sets.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • bobeffectbobeffect Frets: 43
    @roundthebend ...You'll have some good choices out of that lot still. We play some stuff from around then but lots of the audience don't recognise it due to their age so we try to be a bit careful not to slip too much into the sets.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Current learn list for my power trio

ACDC- Thunderstruck (singer/bassist to learn)
    Heart - Barracuda
    Mr Big - Green Tinted Sixties Mind (rest of band to learn)
    Rush - Freewill (drummer to learn)

We don't rehearse, we soundcheck them or if we are feeling brave. playing last song of the night for a laugh..
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 2921
    Riverboat Song - very nearly done. Just needs a few run throughs.
    Fame (Bowie, not Irene Cara) as above.
    Pretty Vacant.

There Goes The Fear (Doves) - early stages at home.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2318
    November Rain - Guns n Roses
    Jump - Van Halen (the solo is killing me)

Also learning a load of original songs for this new band I've joined, which is very different to how I normally learn (i.e via tabs and vids).
  • ScreamingDaveScreamingDave Frets: 468
    I’ve been having an interesting time learning a song that’s totally different from my usual style.  My wife has a milestone birthday on Saturday and I’ve been practicing a version of Through the Barricades (Spandau Ballet), because it’s one of her favourite songs, accompanying myself on finger picked acoustic guitar.  You know that line in Money for Nothing, “… Maybe get a blister on your little finger ….”  Well, that’s me!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • roundthebendroundthebend Frets: 1066
    Blur - Charmless Man
    Mock Turtles - Can You Dig It?
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3532
    More song for band E oki
    careless whisper 
    you give love a bad name
    gimmie all your lovin
    Whats up
    black velvet
    make you feel my love
    ironic
    who knew
    is this love
    feeling good
    royals
    warwick avenue
    mac the knife
    unchained melody
    drift away
    kingston town
    feel
    bed of roses
    always

I sort of know about 5 of them, similar number are quite easy but after that I have to learn the song then how to play it. I’ve written up lyric chord sheets for everything which is the first step. Luckily I don’t have to sing lead on any of these so the job is relatively easy compared to our own set material.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter