Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). "How To Make Mass-Produced Acoustic Guitar" - Acoustics Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

"How To Make Mass-Produced Acoustic Guitar"

What's Hot
AmigoAmigo Frets: 109
0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4353
    That's one mega string winder lol
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • AmigoAmigo Frets: 109
    That's one mega string winder lol
    I've been doing it wrong all this time.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7202
    Love seeing the machines used to save time.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • AmigoAmigo Frets: 109
    What do you know? YouTube algorithm saw fit to show me a similar one—yet rather different—video:

• BigPaulieBigPaulie Frets: 733
    Amigo said:
    Very satisfying video to watch.

It's nice to see Joe Biden keeping himself busy at 10:10.
  • guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 1397
    Amigo said:
    They enjoy glue.
  • bertiebertie Frets: 12145
    Amigo said:
    What do you know? YouTube algorithm saw fit to show me a similar one—yet rather different—video:

and James Taylor making his own batch of Olson's 
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    bertie said:
    Amigo said:

and James Taylor making his own batch of Olson's 
    He's got a friend.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5218
    That was really interesting, thanks.

Crafters have a reputation of punching above their price point.

What I want to know is, who in the halibut is buying all those guitars?  That's just one factory of many in the far east churning out hundreds of guitars a week - where do they all go?

I meant April. ~ Simon Weir

Bit of trading feedback here.

• HaychHaych Frets: 5218
    Amigo said:

I also really enjoyed this one.  I especially liked how the guitars were placed in a room after finishing to listen to music, that's just brilliant and quite twee but also plausibly scientific.  Love it!

I meant April. ~ Simon Weir

Bit of trading feedback here.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SlopeSoarerSlopeSoarer Frets: 598
    An interesting watch. That was a $1500 guitar being built, I wonder how different the process is for cheaper guitars? I can't see it being much different but the materials will be lesser quality.
  • lincolnbluelincolnblue Frets: 263
    It was interesting to watch the process. What bugged me was the guy at the end playing the guitar which wasn't in tune properly. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • bertiebertie Frets: 12145
    It was interesting to watch the process. What bugged me was the guy at the end playing the guitar which wasn't in tune properly. 
    it was jazz
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    If Crafter are making so many guitars at that speed,where is the wood coming from? Is it being replaced? It's really scary when you see that kind of mass product made of wood.
  • TanninTannin Frets: 4394
    Crafter is a drop in the bucket. A very small manufacturer when you compare them to the truly gigantic operations in China and Indonesia.
    Tannin said:
    Crafter is a drop in the bucket. A very small manufacturer when you compare them to the truly gigantic operations in China and Indonesia.
    Yes,that is the scary part.