Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Was anyone at The Rick Beato Show tonight? - Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Was anyone at The Rick Beato Show tonight?

What's Hot
KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3178
edited April 2023 in Music
It was a really good and relaxed evening at the Bloomsbury Theatre, London and from what I can see, it was his only UK/European date and so I can mention stuff without them being spoilers and it was Sold Out.

He started by giving us some background into how he started, what he did and where he's ended up. The first half was a little winged at times but he reduced the auditorium to a very informal setting, like talking to someone down the pub.

He told some funny anecdotes, played some guitar (playing in the style of a different guitarist for the solo in Stairway to Heaven) and did Why is this song is great for I am the Walrus, which was fascinating. As you know, online, Beatles stuff as well as Prince, AC/DC etc are all blocked and so he got around that by being able to deliver this one live. Who would've thought that such a quirky and jokey song could be so involved and clever and Lennon's keyboard chords and Martin's string arrangements are just pure genius.

He finished off with a Q&A and someone asked 'How come you have all these famous song recordings that you're able to isolate the tracks of'? He told us that he was once doing a studio session and the engineer there had access to over 3000 song original recordings and he swapped Beato all of them for a famous drum and snare sample, yep, one hit of each, that no one else had! He didn't divulge what it was.

He's a big fan of British music and musicians citing The Beatles, Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page, The Kinks and loves Swervedriver.

He ended by saying in 1994 he was working in the UK and turned up to Abbey Road Studios thinking he could ring the bell and just take a tour but he was turned away. Today, he'll be ticking that one off his list as he'll get visit the place and see Studio 2 where all the Beatles' magic happened.

Anyone else there?
0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 3605
    Sounds great I enjoy his videos 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3178
    Sounds great I enjoy his videos 
    It was just like those :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24339
    Had it been closer I would have loved to have gone. I think his more recent videos aren’t as good as they used to be but given how much ground he’s covered over the years, that’s probably inevitable.

Seeing him able to deconstruct stuff that would get him demonetised on YouTube must have been great. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    I'd have really enjoyed that - sounds like a great evening
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    I had I Am the Walrus on my big speakers a few weeks ago. It is jaw dropping. I'd have loved to have seen his take on it