Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). FS - Hand-wired Hayden Speakeasy 50 £350 - Amps £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

FS - Hand-wired Hayden Speakeasy 50 £350

What's Hot
JoelbmcJoelbmc Frets: 5

I'm clearing out my amps due to a recent delivery of a Quilter.  I'd like to try having just the one for a while
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• JoelbmcJoelbmc Frets: 5
    edited March 2023
    I'm clearing out my amps due to a recent delivery of a Quilter.  I'd like to try having just the one for a while 

This is the last to go.  Hayden Speakeasy 50, hand-wired and designed by Dave Green.  It is an interesting amp, with el34 and 6l6 valves.  Switchable between, and use both sets.  I can hear great Orange and AC sounds, with nice tweed American tones also.  It's not the lightest, but it's a manageable 1 person carry.  The cabinet is ridiculously high-end, fitted with a 12" Eminence Red Coat.  It's the most solid thing in my house, my house included. 

There is some background hum with higher master volume levels, but the amp has been checked out by Martin at Stoneham amps and it's all working as it should.  This is my best recording amp - just seems to work in every mix, and the noise is not noticeable in use.  

Location - North Tyneside

Hand built by Dave Green himself in the Hayden UK Custom Shop. Original retail price of £1649

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DCS222DCS222 Frets: 45
    edited March 2023
    £350… very sorely tempted - Is that the real price…  :#
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    If you mean is £350 the real price, then yes it is. Sorry for the lack of other pics - I had 3 others in the listing but they didn't make it through. Near perfect condition all round though
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DCS222DCS222 Frets: 45
    Pm incoming…
    I'd prefer collection as I don't have a box, but I can meet halfways if distance is reasonable.  

Extra pics bump!

• maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 526
    Hand built by Amp Expert, Dave Green and only £350  .   Utter bargain  . .  ! ! !
    Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  ! 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • andy_kandy_k Frets: 808
    PM incoming
    Last bump for this before it goes to the attic! If it helps any interested buyers, I'll be in central Manchester next Saturday (15th April) for collection, otherwise you can try and buy from North Tyneside.  Cheers!
  • Bump for the hand-wired Dave Green bargain  =)! It's currently located in Newcastle Upon Tyne, but will also be available to try in Manchester city center rehearsal rooms on 22nd and 23rd of September.  Sorry, but no postage as I don't have the materials.  If it doesn't sell it'll be going home to Belfast on 24th so get in!
  • This is the steal of the century!!!
  • YorkieYorkie Frets: 934
    Come on, can someone please buy Joel’s amp?
    Adopted northerner with Asperger syndrome. I sometimes struggle with empathy and sarcasm – please bear with me.   
    My trading feedback: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/210335/yorkie

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1082
    Bumping this to promote visibility. C'mon someone!
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
  • If it was advertised as a Matamp it'd be long gone, and that's essentially what it is.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • PM’d