Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Padded gig bags Dreadnought? - Acoustics Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Padded gig bags Dreadnought?

thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2275
edited March 2023 in Acoustics
Suggestions for something that a) isn't Mono priced, b) has a very good level of protection and c) is portable (don't really want one of those semi rigid cases) d) is durable and e) water resistant.

Looking at the Ritter RGS7, Protec Deluxe Dreadnought Gig Bag, Gator Transit Series  type thing so around £60-£100 ish.  Anyone use/d those or something else??

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• wrinkleygitwrinkleygit Frets: 226
    Check out the TGI Extreme range, good value for the money.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2457
    I bought an acoustic base gig bag for mine, which admittedly did have a large headstock, and that gave me loads of space and more protection.  I found that most acoustic gig bags were far too tight for it.  Can’t remember the name but it was run off the mill no brand kind of thing and very good value.  
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2275
    went for one of these.  Had a voucher and the shop I had it for had these in stock.  Cheers,

• guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 1397
    thomasw88 said:
    went for one of these.  Had a voucher and the shop I had it for had these in stock.  Cheers,

Good choice. I got one from recommendations from here too.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    If you’ll be near Edinburgh any time soon I have a Reunion Blues RBX I could be tempted to let you have for £75… unfortunately it’s probably going to cost too much to ship though, it’s too bulky and won’t fold up like a normal gig bag. (Which is precisely the point!)

I bought it second hand but unused for that just because it was available and cheap (they’re £129 new), and although it seemed like a good idea I just haven’t needed to use it, and it does take up a lot of space in my music cupboard…

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2275
    ICBM said:
    If you’ll be near Edinburgh any time soon I have a Reunion Blues RBX I could be tempted to let you have for £75… unfortunately it’s probably going to cost too much to ship though, it’s too bulky and won’t fold up like a normal gig bag. (Which is precisely the point!)

I bought it second hand but unused for that just because it was available and cheap (they’re £129 new), and although it seemed like a good idea I just haven’t needed to use it, and it does take up a lot of space in my music cupboard…
    thanks but have bought a  TGI Extreme as I had a voucher for kennys music and they have them in stock.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    thomasw88 said:

thanks but have bought a  TGI Extreme as I had a voucher for kennys music and they have them in stock.
    Sorry, I missed that post. No worries, I would probably be better keeping it anyway! It was a reasonable bargain and I'll use it *one* day...

The problem is that I may be acquiring an acoustic bass next which I don't think it will fit in it, and there's no room in the cupboard for another huge empty gig bag :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• KeefyKeefy Frets: 2064
    +1 for TGI, have one for my Taylor and for a P bass. That’s 2 gig bags obviously…