Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Craig Chaquico Acoustic Hot licks video YouTube - Acoustics Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Craig Chaquico Acoustic Hot licks video YouTube

What's Hot
Just saw this & thought I’d share on here . Always liked those washburns 
  https://youtu.be/zBXrxrV4EgM
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• bluecatbluecat Frets: 429
    Good video,very nice playing but it does sound like an electro acoustic though. That is how mine sounds and I don't want it to.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TanninTannin Frets: 4394
    Nice playing. Spectacularly bad guitar sound.

It is only by watching videos like this that I can understand how it is that once upon a time people actually thought Ovations sounded pretty good.

PS: what with the  "Strictly educational. No infringement intended"? OK, don't tell me, it's code for "I don't hold the rights for this but I'm going to pirate it anyway and hope for the best".

PPS: I didn't mean to sound so relentlessly negative, @hollywoodrox ; Sorry.

It was a good link and while I'm not going to watch the whole thing (1h:35!) I enjoyed it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • bertiebertie Frets: 12145
    looks like an 80s Washburn 
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 3605
    Tannin said:

It is only by watching videos like this that I can understand how it is that once upon a time people actually thought Ovations sounded pretty good.

PS: what with the  "Strictly educational. No infringement intended"? OK, don't tell me, it's code for "I don't hold the rights for this but I'm going to pirate it anyway and hope for the best".

PPS: I didn't mean to sound so relentlessly negative, @hollywoodrox ; Sorry.

It was a good link and while I'm not going to watch the whole thing (1h:35!) I enjoyed it.
    No worries , yes it’s quite a long video, good nostalgia post though miss the 80s 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • CaseOfAceCaseOfAce Frets: 1067
    Tannin said:
    I agree up to a point with you here Tannin - heard in isolation yeah - it's an over chorused, delay'd old mess.
    When the drums and backing music kicks in it makes a lot more sense and fits.
    (I saw the Lindsay Buckingham / acoustasonic promo vid and the delay is off the charts).

Big arena rock gig in an aircraft hanger - subtlety be da*mned. I can see that sound going across to an audience in a better way than a close mic'ed high end boutique acoustic where all the artisan $$$ tonal intricacies would be lost.
    There's a reason Richie Sambora played Ovations in Bon Jovi.
    Plus you're gonna care a lot less than if your vintage Martin gets nicked on the road.

Just like a headless horse without a horse.
    It doesn't need a vintage Martin or a high-end boutique guitar. All it needs is a  decent pick-up. 

(I didn't know it was recorded decades ago - never heard of the player.)

• hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 3605
    Tannin said:
    It doesn't need a vintage Martin or a high-end boutique guitar. All it needs is a  decent pick-up. 

(I didn't know it was recorded decades ago - never heard of the player.)

He was in starship (Jefferson) & Jefferson Airplane 
    ^ Ah ... thankyou