Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Review on Martin Liquid Metal Bridge Pins. - Acoustics Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Review on Martin Liquid Metal Bridge Pins.

bluecatbluecat Frets: 429
Well,I have just finished fitting the new bridge pins. So far I have found only a slight increase in volume,although my guitar has good volume anyway,  I find the tone is a lot more mellow and sounds like the sharps have been filed down ,it sounds like a more expensive guitar ( it is a Tanglewood  dn45 DLX ) There is definitely a lot more sustain which can be damped down if not needed.
I had already ordered a set of brass pins before Mr Mellish did the out of the hat competition so I don't know what they sound like yet. They can always go in another guitar.
So summing up yes they do improve some things,some things more so.
I am even more pleased that the pins are gold coloured,they match up with the gold tuners and the gold strap pins.
Yes I think they are keepers.
Thanks Mellish and Regards. You are a star.
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• MellishMellish Frets: 945
    @bluecat ; glad you like them.

They did something to my Martinn OM28, too. I didn't dislike what they did, just that tusq pins suit me better.

Put 'em to good use!

:) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • MellishMellish Frets: 945
    edited March 2023
    I want to add to this.

They lean towards mellow, as @bluecat there said. They show no sign of wear, so you may never need any more bridge pins.
    I was OK with what they did, mellowing my OM28, but that wasn't really what I was after. Good bridge pins, though I wouldn't buy them new - too pricey. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter