Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Walrus Audio Fundamental budget pedal series leaked - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Walrus Audio Fundamental budget pedal series leaked

What's Hot
stonevibestonevibe Frets: 6677
edited March 2023 in FX
These got shared online last night

Walrus Audio Fundamental leak

Looks like a budget pedal series similar to the JHS ones
You can now read my guitar ramblings here http://www.gearnews.com and here https://guitarbomb.com 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• stonevibestonevibe Frets: 6677
    They have now been officially confirmed by Walrus Audio as real.

Cat’s out of the bag! Gotta love the internet; secrets were made to unveil :-). This is a leak I’m happy to comment on. I think what we’ve built is something a guitar player could get their hands on really early, but keep the spot on their board for a long time. Growing up playing guitar, there were several pedal lines that were part of my guitar journey. The original Danelectro pedals like Fab tone, Cool-Cat Chorus, Ibanez Soundtank series, Ibanez 10 Series, or even the ubiquitous Boss lineup we all had access to. I spent an inappropriate amount of time in front of an amp playing a DD3 after my paper route every day. I still have the ODR-1 I bought from Daddy-O’s in Stillwater, Oklahoma on my board today.  I wanted Walrus to be part of the guitar journey earlier but incorporate the audio fidelity and build quality that we’ve spent the last 12 years developing for our core line and Mako series. I wanted us to build something that would make it super easy for newer pedal users to dial in great sounds, but for them to also be something a professional would be happy taking with them on tour.  -Colt Westbrook, President
    You can now read my guitar ramblings here http://www.gearnews.com and here https://guitarbomb.com 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    I don’t love the sliders cos I can’t work them with my feet but it’s a good idea and I generally like Walrus stuff 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    My first thought is that those sliders will collect crap over time (and particularly vulnerable to things like beer spills) although I don't know. Maybe there's a reason they aren't common on pedals? 
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7202
    Possibly a bit hard to read and sliders ar a bit meh but could be nice if the prices come in under Boss. 
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 8909
    The sliders are 90 degrees out.
  • alalalkasaralalalkasar Frets: 345
    I don’t love the sliders cos I can’t work them with my feet but it’s a good idea and I generally like Walrus stuff 
    Having been a long time user of an ehx micro synth and graphic fuzz I've mastered adjusting them with my feet. Unfortunately it involves taking my shoes off which is ok around the house but not quite so good in a grotty club.

• TJT1979TJT1979 Frets: 144
    My first thought is that those sliders will collect crap over time (and particularly vulnerable to things like beer spills) although I don't know. Maybe there's a reason they aren't common on pedals? 
    My thoughts exactly. For use in a gigging environment this seems like a weak point. No advantage over pots that I can see. 
    Bunch of videos out now. The delay is quite interesting- optional trails, optional tap tempo and a reverse setting. The delay, reverb and a couple of the others £125, the rest £95. 

I think the argument for the sliders could be a clear visual indicator of settings but they haven’t made the most of that and the three way button for the modes seems really hard to see (no LED to help?). 
    Watched a bit of the Andertons video and they said hurrah to top mounted jacks but boo to side mounted PSU sockets. YMMV. 

• DopesickDopesick Frets: 1506
    edited April 2023
    Bunch of videos out now. The delay is quite interesting- optional trails, optional tap tempo and a reverse setting. The delay, reverb and a couple of the others £125, the rest £95. 

I think the argument for the sliders could be a clear visual indicator of settings but they haven’t made the most of that and the three way button for the modes seems really hard to see (no LED to help?). 
    Watched a bit of the Andertons video and they said hurrah to top mounted jacks but boo to side mounted PSU sockets. YMMV. 

Rightfully so! Can’t stand it when pedal companies do this, like what’s the point? 

These new pedals look alright, but the sliders are definitely a gimmick, and yes the side PSU makes it kinda worthless if you’re a top mounted jack pedal aficionado. Which is baffling as all their other top mounted jack pedals have the PSU on the top.

Great prices though. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6304
    I believe they have USB power top mounted if you have that option
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • AntonHunterAntonHunter Frets: 837
    soma1975 said:
    That's a nice touch...
    soma1975 said:
    That's a nice touch...
    Quick shufty around the Walrus website doesn’t suggest this? Can’t see any end on photos but it’s a well hidden feature if it’s there. 
    They are quite a narrow pedal, the socket placement is just compromise on something that small I guess. 
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30022
    Too easy to knock your settings out of whack.
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6304
    soma1975 said:
    That's a nice touch...
    Quick shufty around the Walrus website doesn’t suggest this? Can’t see any end on photos but it’s a well hidden feature if it’s there. 
    They are quite a narrow pedal, the socket placement is just compromise on something that small I guess. 
    Oh hang on maybe that was the strobostomp mini

Apologies everyone!
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • The delay looks interesting. Tap tempo, optional trails, small footprint. Tap tempo would seal the deal for me.