Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). NGD Fender Concert CC 60S - Acoustics Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

NGD Fender Concert CC 60S

What's Hot
guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 1397
edited March 2023 in Acoustics
https://imgur.com/nP2zMKm ;               
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 1397
    Will sand neck down as it's a high gloss finish. Low E string doesnt quite sit flush in the nut slot and strings are a bit cheap and feel much heavier than my normal 10 guages. Decent enough for a cheapish £150.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8107
    Links not working for me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Sorry @Kilgore,will try again.
    edited March 2023
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8107
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 5615
    The factory fitted strings will probably be 12 to 52.  Specs can change, but the official Fender site gives the string spec as:
    Fender Dura-Tone 880L Coated 80/20 (.012-.052)
    A lot of people regard 12s as "standard" for acoustic guitars.  I tend to fit 11s in a brand that tends to sound more like 12s but feel like "soft" 11s.

I bought one of those for my neice a few years back.  The walnut fretboard and bridge were really dry and needed oiled, but the "rolled" fretboard edges and the fret ends were pretty well finished.  Overall I felt it had quite a nice tone and projection for what is really a budget guitar of laminate mahogany body and solid spruce top.  I've had a few Fender acoustics from the lower price range and have been pleasantly surprised by all of them.  I hope you like it.
    BillDL said:
    The factory fitted strings will probably be 12 to 52.  Specs can change, but the official Fender site gives the string spec as:
    Fender Dura-Tone 880L Coated 80/20 (.012-.052)
    A lot of people regard 12s as "standard" for acoustic guitars.  I tend to fit 11s in a brand that tends to sound more like 12s but feel like "soft" 11s.

I bought one of those for my neice a few years back.  The walnut fretboard and bridge were really dry and needed oiled, but the "rolled" fretboard edges and the fret ends were pretty well finished.  Overall I felt it had quite a nice tone and projection for what is really a budget guitar of laminate mahogany body and solid spruce top.  I've had a few Fender acoustics from the lower price range and have been pleasantly surprised by all of them.  I hope you like it.
    This fretboard is ridiculously dry too. I will have to get it set up with 10s and get the low E nut slot widened and lower the action too. The weirdest thing is the the library pictures show a black bridge/saddle yet mine is a very pale untreated plain wood one. 
    Anybody recommend some wire wool to take the gloss off the neck,or where to get some?
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 5615
    I'm actually OK with the gloss on those necks, but I do prefer sating on some of my electric guitars.  If you are intent on making it more of a satin feel, start out with one of those scouring sponges with the scotchbrite on one side, but look for the ones with white abrasive rather than the usual green.  The white is usually a softer scouring pad.  Just wrap it around the back of the neck fairly loosely and rub it up and down, dusting out the pad and wiping the neck in between passes to feel what it's like.  With a mild "sanding" like that it will eventually polish back up again to a semi-gloss or gloss just with hand friction, but at least you aren't taking off any more than just a very slight amount of lacquer.   0000 wire wool also works, but it's messy because tiny bits of wire fall off it in use.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • MellishMellish Frets: 945
    @guitarjack66 ; that bridge - if you like the way it look, keep Dr Duck's Ax Wax away from it.

But if it's raw wood, and you'd prefer it dark, this stuff
    Will do it and you only need a small amount on a cloth. 

:) 
    Mellish said:
    @guitarjack66 ; that bridge - if you like the way it look, keep Dr Duck's Ax Wax away from it.

But if it's raw wood, and you'd prefer it dark, this stuff
    Will do it and you only need a small amount on a cloth. 

:) 
    Thanks. That's a useful tip.
  • SlopeSoarerSlopeSoarer Frets: 598
    A mate of mine has a ridiculously cheap Fender acoustic, painted gloss neck, painted fretboard. It feels like a comfy set of slippers and sounds better than it should do (though quiet). 

Enjoy!
    A mate of mine has a ridiculously cheap Fender acoustic, painted gloss neck, painted fretboard. It feels like a comfy set of slippers and sounds better than it should do (though quiet). 

Enjoy!
    Thanks. I will try.
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4353
    Happy shiny new guitar day !
    Happy shiny new guitar day !
    Thank you. Nothing like the beauties you have but as long as it keeps me happy,for now.
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4353
    Nah doesn't matter, as long as inspires you to play more. Looks great - sound clips always welcome : D
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter