Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). RotM #3 - Chat - Making Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

RotM #3 - Chat

What's Hot
Antique_GuitarsAntique_Guitars Frets: 1165
edited December 2014 in Making Music
Welcome good people of The Fretboard!

This is a new challenge running alongside the normal FB Challenge. This challenge is being run by @TTony and myself @Antique_Guitars

SIMPLE RULES!          NO BULLSHIT!               NO PRIZES!            NO YOUTUBE!         LOTS OF FUN!

Challenge opens today (1st October 2014) and closes on the 24th of October, for full rules see below.

Rules:

WRITE GUITAR RIFFS! (you can include whatever else you want in the mix but the riff must be the main focus)

No longer than 30 seconds of audio! this is about riffs not songs

Challenge opens on the 1st of every month

Challenge closes on the 24th of every month

Voting opens on the 25th of every month

Voting closes and winner announced on the last day of every month
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Send your audio tracks to riffs@thefb.co.uk, the tracks will then be uploaded to the official FB soundcloud account (not the FB Challenge account). You can include a funky picture with your submission if you like.

As there are no prizes for these competitions we will probably upload the riffs as and when they are sent to us.

Thats about it! Any questions let Tony or me know!

Listen Here

Old Is Gold
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Entry submitted.
    :bz
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1023
    submitted one here too.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    Uploaded them both.

You two are keen !!

:)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • davewwdaveww Frets: 165
    Yep, just had a listen to both of them.  Definitely much too keen - ban the pair of them  ;)
  • I had to get this one out of the way so that I can concentrate on the 80s Challenge.
  • Cheers Tony, got new laptop so should be back in yhevgane shortly!
    Old Is Gold
    Cheers Tony, got new laptop so should be back in yhevgane shortly!
    You might need to install the UK keyboard on it ...

:D
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Ha ha I just made up an awesome town name for skyrim
    Old Is Gold
  • Looks like we are off to a Metal start! Thats cool I can playthat game to
    >:)
    Old Is Gold
  • Entry sent.
  • Cool thanks just uploaded!

New computer is all systems go! Yay!
    Old Is Gold
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1470
    Submitted something weird...
  • Finally uploaded
    Old Is Gold
  • horsehorse Frets: 1502
    Just sent mine in. Features the SG I recently got in trade for my G&L :-)
    Just submitted mine.

It's a bit raw, but I'm not going to have much time to polish it any.

• Not many entries so far.......................

Entry closes tomorrow!
    Old Is Gold

Not many entries so far.......................

Entry closes tomorrow!
    Did you get mine?
  • horse said:

Not many entries so far.......................

Entry closes tomorrow!
    Did you get mine?
    Hiya,

Yes and I 100% uploaded it although just checking now and its not there so not sure what happened there but Ihave uploaded it again. Sorry about that.
    Old Is Gold
  • Has anyone else submittted a track that is not currently appearing on the soundcloud page?
    Old Is Gold
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 2872
    Just sent mine
  • @horse just found it I uploaded it 11 days ago but forgot to put it in the playlist thats why I could't find it.
    Old Is Gold
  • Stevepage said:
    Just sent mine
    uploaded thanks
    Old Is Gold
    Ta
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 2872
    Cheers sheldon
  • Balls, what time tomorrow? I'll plug into pod farm in the morning if I've got time!

It'll be 30 seconds of bad tone. You'll hate it.

I'll love it.
  • ThePrettyDamned;390474" said:
    Balls, what time tomorrow? I'll plug into pod farm in the morning if I've got time!

It'll be 30 seconds of bad tone. You'll hate it.

I'll love it.
    You have till midnight me lord
    Old Is Gold
  • couple of hours left peeps!
    Old Is Gold
  • Entry now closed good people.
    Old Is Gold
  • imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    Ah, too late this time I think.
  • imalone;391547" said:
    Ah, too late this time I think.
    Aye a little late sorry, new competition open in a week though.

Old Is Gold