Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Can you set up an alert to see when a member posts? - Help & Feedback Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Can you set up an alert to see when a member posts?

What's Hot
Luddite here… can you set up an alert for a fellow member so you get a notification when they post a new thread, and if so how do you do that please? Thanks.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• RolandRoland Frets: 8108
    Short answer - no
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    Longer answer ….

No, you can’t.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    Hi, Internet police here. Just dropping in as my stalker light is flashing.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4389
    edited March 2023
    all you have to do is ask and i'll let you know when i post.... jeez, no need to be so subtle ff
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    axisus said:
    Hi, Internet police here. Just dropping in as my stalker light is flashing.
    That’s probably why you keep getting caught - turn the light *off* when you go out.
    ;)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    DesVegas said:
    all you have to do is ask and i'll let you know when i post.... jeez, no need to be so subtle ff
    Agreed, I’m happy if anyone reads my drivel. I’ll tag anyone that asks!!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 14862
    this is what's wrong with the modern world, no work ethic. When I was active in the field, you had to put effort into stalking people, it was hard work. But in the end, all the more rewarding for it.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 11457
    edited March 2023
    I find if you hide outside their house so you are within a few feet but well hidden you can see when they post. That’s how I knew @mrkb was going to post. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    fretfinder said:
    can you set up an alert for a fellow member so you get a notification when they post a new thread?
    Which one of my accounts were you hoping to follow? ;)

I would like a notification alert whenever somebody on my Ignore List posts anything. That way, I could remember to ignore them.
    Be seeing you.
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 505
    On a serious note it would be handy to be able to see when local users post regarding classifieds or gigs though I guess that could be achieved by setting up localised threads under those headings. 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    munckee said:
    I find if you hide outside their house so you are within a few feet but well hidden you can see when they post. That’s how I knew @mrkb was going to post. 
    Well I did have an inkling that you were close by. Can you pass me a new bog roll?

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    image.jpeg 9.4K
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4680
    Maybe you can create a link to a search and save it to your desktop?
    I use a script to launch my web browser and open up with a number of pages in tabs.