Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Neural Amp Modeler - free tone capture/sim - Digital & Modelling Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Neural Amp Modeler - free tone capture/sim

Anybody picked up and played with Neural Amp Modeler yet? From what I've watched on youtube, compression etc allowing, sounds like a great free alternative to the other expensive tone capture options.

Jump to 13:20 for some sounds here: 

Someone running one through a raspberry pi for a neat portable system here: 

Actual OSS plugin here: https://github.com/sdatkinson/NeuralAmpModelerPlugin

It's on my list of things to get around to but keen to hear peoples' take on it that have had prolific use of the hardware solutions, Kemper, Quad Cortex, Tonex, etc.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• wolsnahwolsnah Frets: 183
    Lots more examples on YouTube, some good high gain examples and a few nice crunchy ones. I'm sure there'll be some really good captures available as this starts to gain a bit more traction.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • flying_pieflying_pie Frets: 1767
    I downloaded it last night but haven't yet had a chance to play with it.

One minor irritation is that I want to capture my amp but I use my Boss GT100 as my interface and it can only sample at 44.1KHz whereas the NAM requires 48KHz. That just means I need to buy new toys though