Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Positive Grid - Spark Go is coming - Digital & Modelling Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Positive Grid - Spark Go is coming

What's Hot
Am I first to post 
  https://uk.positivegrid.com/products/spark-go?

I think I’d sooner go for the mini , this is teeny tiny 
  Always interesting to see new stuff though .

I was posting a pic but you’ll have to make do with a link as the action I use to post on here isn’t working today 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11229
    Surely something like the Nux can’t be far away.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Jono111Jono111 Frets: 135
    Available on preorder, what could go wrong.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5092
    Not sure what the gain is, going smaller than the Mini? It would fit in a guitar case I guess, maybe that’s the sell?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 3605
    Jono111 said:
    Absolutely , the last fiasco showed it’s best to wait for retailer stock 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited March 2023
    Too darn small 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1257
    Jono111 said:
    What happened ?
    mark123 said:
    Jono111 said:
    What happened ?
    There were longer than anticipated waits for the original Spark 
  • PabcranePabcrane Frets: 477
    A high-tech Pignose by the look of it. You'll be a walkin' concert!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • randellarandella Frets: 3847
    £89 is a pretty aggressive price point to be kicking off with, right in the path of the Katana Mini. Going up to £129, so maybe they're banking on it getting some very good reviews and people being prepared to pony up the extra as a result.

I liked the Blackstar Fly, I must admit - it could do with a smidge more drive, but as a pick-up-and-play tool it's very good indeed for £59. Then there's Nux, and a ton of others.

Positive Grid got their work cut out here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • bertiebertie Frets: 12145
    edited March 2023
    Line 6 ought to re-vamp/update the pocket pod  concept,  apart from eating batteries, it was a really good headphone amp.

Great tones, variety and "on board editing"  no need for a fucking phone
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    bertie said:
    Line 6 ought to re-vamp/update the pocket pod  concept,  apart from eating batteries, it was a really good headphone amp.

Pocket helix & helix mini 
  • BigPaulieBigPaulie Frets: 733
    This is interesting. Thanks for the heads up. Have registered for pre order notifications.
  • bertiebertie Frets: 12145
    edited March 2023
    bertie said:

ah  -  didnt know they existed  I knew about the "big helix"  - nothing on the Line 6 website tho

,  just seen that they're still selling Pocket Pod £110 on Amazon,  think I paid about £40 for mine,  and sold it for £25
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4445

Looks like an 80's camera.

These small amps usually sound pretty bad but at least this has reverb, most have none or just delay.  I find reverb at least makes the small sound passable.   

I was going to say wireless would be good but it's so small you can just clip it on to your belt.

Looks quite good actually, like one of the amplug kind of things but with a speaker option.  Also acts as an interface which is cool.  I may order one.
    bertie said:
    bertie said:

ah  -  didnt know they existed  I knew about the "big helix"  - nothing on the Line 6 website tho

,  just seen that they're still selling Pocket Pod £110 on Amazon,  think I paid about £40 for mine,  and sold it for £25
    They don’t unfortunately , that was more like a suggestion/wishful thinking . A helix stomp built into a spark mini type enclosure or thr10 enclosure running off 8 AA’s that would be mega groovy 
  • BigPaulieBigPaulie Frets: 733
    So the presale is open.

I added one to my basket and when checking out they add £17.80 in tax taking it to a total of £106.80. Screw that! I'll just wait for it to hit the shops.
    BigPaulie said:
    So the presale is open.

I added one to my basket and when checking out they add £17.80 in tax taking it to a total of £106.80. Screw that! I'll just wait for it to hit the shops.
    I know they’re doing the same thing with the spark Mini which seems a good deal at £169 
    but then the tax takes it to shop price . I dont object to paying tax where it’s due as it pays for things if the people who collect it don’t squander it .  But I take affront at the deceptive advertising 
    leading you to a false sense of a good deal only to quash it at checkout 
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1257
    randella said:
    £89 is a pretty aggressive price point to be kicking off with, right in the path of the Katana Mini. Going up to £129, so maybe they're banking on it getting some very good reviews and people being prepared to pony up the extra as a result.

I liked the Blackstar Fly, I must admit - it could do with a smidge more drive, but as a pick-up-and-play tool it's very good indeed for £59. Then there's Nux, and a ton of others.

Positive Grid got their work cut out here.
    Tried the link, free postage but with "taxes"??  Import ??  it comes to £109.
  • adaminoadamino Frets: 125
    More of a Spark Go Pip Squeak.
  • powerhandpowerhand Frets: 198
    Has anyone tried one of these yet?
  • PennPenn Frets: 351
    edited August 2023
    Yep I’ve got one. 

It’s pretty good to use as a little Bluetooth speaker. 

As a guitar amp it’s very small and a bit tinny but if you use it with a pair of decent headphones it’s a good little portable practice tool. 

I couldn’t say it’s the best thing ever but for the money it’s not bad.  Good to just to stick in a gig bag and take away with you if you go away.  The models are the same as the bigger version so it covers a lot of bases. The app is ok.  Pairing it was a bit of a pain to work out but once I got the hang of it it’s ok.  

It’s not as premium feeling as the bigger amps they do but not bad at all.  

I probably wouldn’t have bought one. Her indoors got it as a present for me. She’s pretty good with things like that. She’s previously bought me a proper Gibson ES-345 and American Standard Strat. 
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    You must be on the naughty list this year @Penn ;

My mate has one and I had a go on it (no pun intended), I thought it was decent. Did a little rehearsal with it. It keeps up with an acoustic guitar. I kind of want one. I don't plug in often enough to practice

The speaker looks replaceable
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • PennPenn Frets: 351
    roberty said:
    You must be on the naughty list this year @Penn ;

My mate has one and I had a go on it (no pun intended), I thought it was decent. Did a little rehearsal with it. It keeps up with an acoustic guitar. I kind of want one. I don't plug in often enough to practice

The speaker looks replaceable
    I didn’t say that was all she bought me  this year ;)

I’ve got one of the original sparks too. That’s a lot better in terms of sound etc but obviously it’s a lot bigger too. 
  • I got a mini in the end off that guy on eBay who was selling them cheap, I must admit to being bloody impressed ,it sounds great