Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). What a simple but beautiful bass guitar.. - Bass Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

What a simple but beautiful bass guitar..

What's Hot
equalsqlequalsql Frets: 5849
edited March 2023 in Bass
This bass is just sublime..

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    Not really my sort of thing. Nothing like what I like in a bass. I can't fathom why anyone would want a carved back. Nicely made I suppose!

It's actually a good thing that we don't all like the same stuff!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 22257
    I like that.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • WhistlerWhistler Frets: 270
    axisus said:
    I can't fathom why anyone would want a carved back.
    Perhaps the maker was influenced by a cello. Who would want a bass with a carved back is a different - and better - question.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    Spector and Warwick make bass guitars with carved backs - albeit concave. 

The OP instrument obviously owes something to old Höfner hollowbody instruments. Its outline reminds me more of some EKO plywood horrors from the Seventies.
    Be seeing you.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30192
    This bass needs Tina Weymouth.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 1965
    I like the look of that.  I wonder if it's hollow?
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1786
    I don't like the inlay and box in a circle thing on the back, but 10/10 otherwise...And a second pickup would make it 11/10.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    It would be even better if it was even simpler.

With no frets :).

Nice shape, it's like a slightly more sophisticated Aria Cardinal series.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Secret_SamSecret_Sam Frets: 202
    Who is Graham? The maker or the owner?
  • Secret_SamSecret_Sam Frets: 202
    The tailpiece is pretty clever.  And pretty. I hope the bridge has a good way of setting intonation.
  • Yeah that’s nice, I’d like to try it, Kay did a simple looking bass many years back with single pickup and similar body shape without the curved back, I think it was the Kb1 
    Riddim up