Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). UPDATE: Martin Liquid Metal Bridge Pins Giveaway - Acoustics Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

UPDATE: Martin Liquid Metal Bridge Pins Giveaway

What's Hot

Comments

• TanninTannin Frets: 4394
    I'm wondering if I should run a sweep with a prize for the entry which names the eventual winner. :) 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • MellishMellish Frets: 945
    edited March 2023
    @Tannin ; you should enter,mate.

What the winner does with them is ttheir business. 

But it's your choice to make. This is just to let you know you're always welcome to enter between now and April 2nd.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ChoivertChoivert Frets: 45
    Can I be in too please. Could I suggest that whoever wins might find something else acoustic related in their box of bits and offer this up as a bit of a pay it forward? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited March 2023
    ^ name gone in.

That's up to them. Good idea, though. I don't use them and want them to find someone who will  
    On this OM-28, they give a zingy sound with Elixir Nano. 

The look, though (gold finish/red inlay) doesn't suit me.. 

But they're very hard-wearing so will last and last. 

:) 
    Anyone else?

Entry closes 10PM April 1st. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • bertiebertie Frets: 12145
    a polite "no"  from me :) 
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    ^ no, that's fine mate.

@Tannin is another out by choice. No issue with it.

16 of you, assuming that's how it stays until the draw.

Good luck! 

• ChoivertChoivert Frets: 45
    Mellish said:
    ^ name gone in.

That's up to them. Good idea, though. I don't use them and want them to find someone who will  
    Yes as you say, entirely up to them. But it would be nice to keep things going. It is very generous of you Mellish. 
    Choivert said:
    Mellish said:
    ^ name gone in.

Yes as you say, entirely up to them. But it would be nice to keep things going. It is very generous of you Mellish. 
    Yes, it would be nice. 

• BigPaulieBigPaulie Frets: 733
    Mellish said:
    Both new gone in. 
    Hi. Just for clarity, i wasn't asking to be added to the draw: merely commending you for your altruistic act.
    edited March 2023
    ^ no that's fine. Thank you. Do you wish me to take your name out?

I'd suggest leaving it in - you could be the winner! But your choice :) 
    There's something I'd like to address.

There's talk of "generosity". No, the forum has been good to me. I've made friends here, at least I see them that way. 

So I asked myself what I could do, to show my appreciation. 
    Ideally subscribe but I only have a Debit card and the system here can't use that. 

So I came up with this. It isn't ideal as there can only be one winner when so many deserve it, but it's the best I can do. 

Thank you. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BigPaulieBigPaulie Frets: 733
    Mellish said:
    ^ no that's fine. Thank you. Do you wish me to take your name out?

I'd suggest leaving it in - you could be the winner! But your choice :) 
    No thanks. Go ahead and take my name out. I'm more than happy with my current bridge pins and would rather these go to someone who really wants them.
    ^ sure :) 
    Draw entry ends 5pm.today!

• BowksBowks Frets: 392
    Please can you add me to the draw, I am sick of my cheapo pins popping out!
    edited March 2023
    ^ :+1:
    Still time to get your entry in.

Weight-wise I'd say similar to brass but they don't add brightness IMO. There's still good bottom end. 

• danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2588
    Ooo count me in :)
    ^ Ooh late entrant! 

Any more? 

May I suggest that if the winner doesn't like them for some reason, they do the same thing and put them up again until they find a home?

This is similar to the suggestion of our friend @choivert. ;

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited March 2023
    Right. The winner is... @bluecat. ;;

PM your address please. 

Commiserations guys

No response.

Possibly my fault for having to bring the draw date forward.and the winner may not know. 

But there is a runner up if no response by. 2nd.April.

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3841
    Congratulations @bluecat ;
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2588
    Congrats @bluecat and thanks @Mellish for the nice gesture
    @danishbacon thank you, I never use them, as I said, and I'd like them to go to someone who will.

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    ^ What they said :D  :+1: 
    I'll list tomorrow where you all came in the draw, just so you'll know.