Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Bone bridge pins V Plastic bridge pins. - Acoustics Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Bone bridge pins V Plastic bridge pins.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• SoupmanSoupman Frets: 172
    Fascinating thread, but totally irrelevant to me - neither my Lowden or Flambeau have bridge pins, being the straight through type.
    I know they will have issues of their own, but changing strings is the only tone affecting option for me.

Interesting viewpoints though, I wouldn't have thought that pins could affect the tone. You live & learn.

Good hunting whatever you choose to fit. 

Oh, and a thimbsup to Mellish for offering up those liquid metal pins in the other thread 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • bertiebertie Frets: 12145
    edited March 2023
    all mine are made from coprolite,  enhances the bottom end
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • MellishMellish Frets: 945
    Cheers @Soupman ;

:) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • MellishMellish Frets: 945
    Roland said:
    Mellish said:

How can I hear all this? If you could tell me that......
    Part of it will be your ears, part will be how your brain processes what your ears hear, and of course there’s always the psychosomatics. As a musician your brain processing would normally be better that Joe Average.
    Interesting. Thank you. 

:) 
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2142
    I've just bought a Taylor GT and swapped the pins for their ebony versions.
    For no other reason than they look nice. 

I couldn't tell a difference between the way it sounded before and now.