Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Battery life in an electro - Acoustics Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Battery life in an electro

What's Hot
I picked up a used electro yesterday (Fender DG60) and was wondering if you've to unplug the guitar like you do with battery-powered pedals to avoid flattening the battery.

Also is battery life reasonably long (dependent on use) like overdrive/fuzz pedals compared to chorus pedals.

I bought a used Encore acoustic about ten years ago and never liked the size of neck. I could never get it to record well either and that's why I went for the electro.

It plays fairly well for a cheapie and I should have got one earlier instead of wasting time and money on soundhole pickups and the like.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    Generally, inserting the lead into the jack socket will turn the electro circuit on, ie start using the battery, so always unplug when you've finished playing.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • WhistlerWhistler Frets: 270
    Electro-acoustic guitars are, as you say, like pedals in that the jack plug doubles as an on/off switch so yes, such a guitar will need to be unplugged after your session to save draining the battery.
  • pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 992
    Thanks for the heads-up and confirming my belief. I found it difficult to tune the instrument using the on-board tuner (over thirty years experience and I found it hard to hear the tuning in the carpark were the deal was done) and there was no sound in my DAW after one strum when checking it out at home.

A fresh battery solved my woes. The previous owner was a mature student and I believe may have left it plugged in or had the instrument a lot longer than she claimed.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    Thanks for the heads-up and confirming my belief. I found it difficult to tune the instrument using the on-board tuner (over thirty years experience and I found it hard to hear the tuning in the carpark were the deal was done) and there was no sound in my DAW after one strum when checking it out at home.

A fresh battery solved my woes. The previous owner was a mature student and I believe may have left it plugged in or had the instrument a lot longer than she claimed.
    I hope you claimed the cost of the battery plus damages for mental anguish from the seller? You can't let these bastards get away with such heinous practices.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter