Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). FS: IWC Portofino Automatic watch - PRICE DROP £2500 - Misc £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

FS: IWC Portofino Automatic watch - PRICE DROP £2500

pjfpjf Frets: 304
edited June 2023 in Misc £
IWC Portofino Automatic watch. Silver-plated dial, self-winding mechanism, Milanaise mesh stainless steel strap with folding clasp.

A very classy and understated 40mm dress watch that is well-suited as a day-to-day wearer to the office or indeed for more formal occasions. It really sets off a suit / tuxedo but also adds a touch of elegance to more casual wear, especially with the stainless steel strap.

The watch comes with its original box and papers. The warranty card is dated 2015; I bought it pre-owned from Watchfinder & Co in September 2016.

In truth the watch has hardly been worn (much like my guitars, I have been far too paranoid about damaging it). It's been worn on special occasions but I lost it for over two years(!) in the moving process when I moved to France and my wife initially stayed in the UK. Since lockdowns began in March 2020 I have worn it probably 4-5 times, again only on special occasions. The watch has always been well looked-after when worn and is in excellent+ condition. It's water-resistant but I've never got it wet. The box has some scuffs on the outside and the cleaning cloth and padded watch holder show signs of use. The papers etc. are all pristine. 

The reason for sale is twofold. First, I tend not to wear any watch at all these days (I work from home and this is far too nice to wear around the house, IMO). Second, I recently inherited a watch which is not as nice as the IWC but has a lot of sentimental value. 

Here is the link to the watch on the IWC site (RRP £5100): https://www.iwc.com/gb/en/watch-collections/portofino/iw356505-portofino-automatic.html

The cheapest I can see pre-owned online is £3350 without the box. I'm asking £2500 for this. I will include the (used) dark grey leather Hirsch strap shown in the photos, as well as an IWC buckle for use with straps other than the Milanaise (this buckle was over €100 to buy separately). 

I'm based in Surrey and very happy to drive to meet / deliver (within reason!). Less sure about shipping this but happy to discuss options.

Please message me if you have any questions

Link to photo album: https://imgur.com/a/RVUmw1S
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    Very classic elegant handsome watch. GLWTS
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • pjfpjf Frets: 304
    Price drop bump - some interesting trade offers but I’m looking for a straight sale on this thanks. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited March 2023
    Another price drop bump!
    edited March 2023
    Another price drop bump! I'm keen to avoid putting this on eBay - I may be interested in acoustic / electric part-exchanges with £ my way but would still prefer a straight sale. 
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6038
    tFB Trader
    pjf said:
    Another price drop bump! I'm keen to avoid putting this on eBay - I may be interested in acoustic / electric part-exchanges with £ my way but would still prefer a straight sale. 
    Hi , if you dont have any luck selling here ( Its a REALLY beautiful watch btw), try watch collecting website... its great for selling high end watches.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    Thanks for the suggestion! Much appreciated. I have looked into it very briefly, my preference would still be to cut out any middle men, however. 

Happy to hear offers on the IWC.

ThorpyFX said:
    pjf said:
    Hi , if you dont have any luck selling here ( Its a REALLY beautiful watch btw), try watch collecting website... its great for selling high end watches.

Big price drop bump
    Bump to page 1
    Last bump before it goes on WatchCollecting.com
    Not visited Watch Collecting to have photos taken yet – will take £2750 for this which if i say so myself is an absolute steal!
    Bump and further price drop to £2700 - you won't find it for less ;)
    Bump - last chance on this before it goes to a shop (and will be priced significantly higher than here!).