Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). [SOLVED - thank you ThorpyFX!] Morningstar MC6 Screen Repair - help? - Digital & Modelling Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

[SOLVED - thank you ThorpyFX!] Morningstar MC6 Screen Repair - help?

What's Hot
Hellsbells87Hellsbells87 Frets: 99
edited April 2023 in Digital & Modelling
Hi all,

I have an MC6, which I LOVE. However, the screen isn’t working properly. It is mostly very dark and I have to view it at an extreme angle to make anything out. If I press down firmly on the screen directly, it works, but reverts when I let go. Most frustrating. 

I contacted Morningstar and they asked me to take it apart and reconnect the screen, which I did, but it didn’t help unfortunately. I bought it second hand (and in this condition, undisclosed, but I didn’t reach out to the seller at the time and I’ve had it for ages so…) Morningstar said they can do a screen replacement for $20 plus of course I’ll need to pay postage…

So I’m seeing if any of the brilliant minds on tFB might have any other suggestions? Im based in London, in case relevant. 

Thanks,

Matt
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1790
    Crikey for $20 just get the screen replaced ?
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Well, you might try Thorpy…
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Crikey for $20 just get the screen replaced ?
    Agree this is a bargain, it’s posting it to the states that I’d like to avoid…
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 2921
    It's interesting they asked you to take it apart and reconnect the screen but won't just send you a replacement. I'd maybe have a look at the screen (labels etc.) to see if you could source one yourself as they'll be using a generic unit most likely. + 1 for Thorpy as he might have some scrap units hanging around what with being a UK Morningstar distributor.

In reality though I'd use this as an excuse to buy the new Pro version. :)
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Thanks for the suggestions… @ThorpyFX i don’t suppose there’s any small chance that this is the kind of thing you’d be able offer some guidance on?
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6038
    edited March 2023 tFB Trader
    Hey, 

we don’t have any spare units or screens. But I’m pretty certain there is an Internal trimmer to adjust the screen brightness and contrast. 

If you need more help, email me info@thorpyfx.com
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • ThorpyFX said:
    Hey, 

we don’t have any spare units or screens. But I’m pretty certain there is an I get all trimmer to adjust the screen brightness and contrast. 

If you need more help, email me info@thorpyfx.com
     =) 
  • A huge thank you to the inestimable @ThorpyFX who went out of his way to get in touch with me to understand the problem and has now been able to repair the device (without charge!!) and send it back to me same day. A behemoth of the pedal world, an MVP of the fretboard community and a throughly nice person to boot. 

Thank you Thorpy! 
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 4636
    A huge thank you to the inestimable @ThorpyFX who went out of his way to get in touch with me to understand the problem and has now been able to repair the device (without charge!!) and send it back to me same day. A behemoth of the pedal world, an MVP of the fretboard community and a throughly nice person to boot. Thank you Thorpy! 

Excellent performance from the man, the myth, the major! We’re lucky he chooses to be a part of this community. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter