Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Opinions on Martin Custom Shop? - Acoustics Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Opinions on Martin Custom Shop?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• DavidRDavidR Frets: 595
    DavidR said:
    Tannin said:
    Imagine posting this thread on American Acoustic Guitar Forum. You'd be keelhauled.

(Just a random thought.)

No longer post or even look at AGF. Not because of content but heavy touch/rude moderators. And yes, there's a definite 'US good/everything else bad' theme by a lot of contributors. This superiority has not been true for several decades. Great acoustics are made all around the world now, not least in countries who have in some cases been making stringed instruments for thousands of years. OK, US probably did initiate the acoustic tradition, but even there they do not consistently produce the only great instruments.

tFB is just as informative.

Actually I found the AGF, although predominantly American, to be quite open minded, there were a lot of posts expressing surprise at how good value Europen makes like Furch or Avalon were compared to the big US makers. I was once accused of being a Martin shill for posting a pro Martin comment/ question.

I guess some of the posts were ridicously complicated about the minitaue of acoustic guitars.

Different,more formalised, tone than the Fretboard. 
    I was once rudely moderated for political content for mentioning Chinese guitars. I was being positive about Chinese quality at the time, no politics at all.

I agree though, much AGF content is useful and educational. It's just a bit parochial somehow.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SoupmanSoupman Frets: 172
    ^ There's enough threads in this section of TFB for me to keep on top of!  I did look at the AGF but like many things American it was just too big  =).

Here, there is focus on European (and I include British in there) as well as world instruments. 
    Big enough for diversity, small enough to feel contributers are mates! This is a great forum  <3

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TanninTannin Frets: 4394
    Soupman said:

Here, there is focus on European (and I include British in there) as well as world instruments. 
    Big enough for diversity, small enough to feel contributers are mates! This is a great forum  <3

Just so. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter