Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Transcribe program & also transcribe plus . Vs the ability to download YouTube videos - Technique Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Transcribe program & also transcribe plus . Vs the ability to download YouTube videos

What's Hot
I’m considering purchasing Transcribe program or transcribe plus. There are some Videos on YouTube playing Slash style licks I like (I’ll put one below this writing )  

but I’m noticing lots of the websites that provide the service of downloading a video as an MP3 or MP4 are being shut down regularly which is a nuisance as you get used to certain ones ,like Snapsave which has just apparently closed.

I’ve got plenty of other Slash guns n roses stuff already to learn off ,but I like learning these guys licks 
plus it really gets my ear working even if it’s only simple stuff like the odd lick , plus it gives me ways to approach things that are not in the structured solos of guns n roses records .

I don’t want to lay out £30 for transcribe or £20 for transcribe plus if the sites that let you download dry up . Although they don’t seem to have in the last 7 or 8 years . It seems they close and others spring up .  Do you think the sites will continue . Although at my speed I’ll only need a coup,e of videos of these guys jamming to last me 10 years lol .

anyway check out Transcribe  Plus on the IPad it seems relatively simple to use ,apart from finding the files on your iPad sometimes it’s 19.99  but it allowed me straight away to transcribe a small piece of a lick of a few notes & a whole new approach to constructing licks which was pretty good .

actually thinking about it I think you can load in 45 seconds to work on in the free version which is quite useful 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• joeWjoeW Frets: 387
    You can use a screen record app to save mp3 or mp4 and use that in transcribe.  Opens up the whole world of streaming for study 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    I use the youtube-dl command line utility to download from YouTube

https://youtube-dl.org/

No funny business. You just have to use the command line is all
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TheBigDipperTheBigDipper Frets: 4501
    I might have played music on an iPad and sent the audio from the headphone socket to my audio interface and recorded it in Logic sometimes….  Which is more than fine for learning a song or part that I don't own. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2064
    edited March 2023
    roberty said:
    I use the youtube-dl command line utility to download from YouTube

https://youtube-dl.org/

No funny business. You just have to use the command line is all
    I’ve been using an app called 4K for downloading YT audio, then drag it into Capo, but I’m going to try that Rob.

EDIT: Nope, seems to be way above my pay grade! Also I only want the audio, not the video.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 3605
    Wow , amazing , thanks guys 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    https://www.soundslice.com/ let you link to any youtube video and it brings up an editor from which you can slow down and loop from - you can't adjust pitch though.  It's the best free option out there that I know.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 3605
    https://www.soundslice.com/ let you link to any youtube video and it brings up an editor from which you can slow down and loop from - you can't adjust pitch though.  It's the best free option out there that I know.
    Wow thanks for that that’s amazing