Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Nene Valley Rock Festival - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Nene Valley Rock Festival

What's Hot
roundthebendroundthebend Frets: 1066
edited March 2023 in Off Topic
I'm not affiliated with this. It's proposed event in an awesome country park in Peterborough, Cambs.

Lineup includes Ten Years After and The Crazy World of Arthur Brown.

They're selling tickets via Crowdfunder, meaning if they don't sell enough by 10th April then you get your pledge returned. Seems like a good idea.

https://www.nvrf.rocks/
https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/p/nvrf

I'm posting here because it seems woefully marketed. It seems really ambitious to have this lineup and yet I only found out about it this week. I am in just about every musicians group in the area.

Had any of you heard about it? Maybe those big name bands are nothing like the original incarnations.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• punchesjudypunchesjudy Frets: 926
    Literally live in Peterborough and didn’t know this was a thing. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    Wow, that’s an early nineties style website! 
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • roundthebendroundthebend Frets: 1066
    Literally live in Peterborough and didn’t know this was a thing. 
    Crazy innit? They've had a lot of reposts this week which seems to be punters trying to get this event to happen, rather than the organisers doing publicity themselves.

It's probably a sad case of passionate people not realising you can't just have a good idea, you have to have the business acumen to make it a reality.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • bertiebertie Frets: 12145
    edited March 2023
      - me mates band are playing  -   Sons of Liberty  -  superb southern rock, even better with the new singer 

just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17130
    Worth going just to see the brilliant Hand of Dimes.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    Are they like a tribute act for "Fistfull of dollars"? ;)
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • roundthebendroundthebend Frets: 1066
    They've updated the Crowdfunder target date, from March 13th to April 10th
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4697
    mrkb said:
    Are they like a tribute act for "Fistfull of dollars"? ;)
    Poor man's version.

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17130
    https://handofdimes.com/

Welshman Nev Macdonald’s band. One of my favourite singers, and also the founder of Kooga, another of my faves. 

• The festival is happening, right now. It's a very niche affair, but the bands I've been helping in the smaller stage are all very good standard. It's a tiny event, most people in Peterborough don't even know it's happening and probably won't realise either. Tickets capped at 1000 and only 3 stages. Well organised though.