Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). A couple of questions for Boss GX 100 users - Digital & Modelling Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

A couple of questions for Boss GX 100 users

1. Is it possible to load in your own IRs and use them  with the unit's preamps turned off?  That would be for running in 4cm with an amp head into the desk rather than back into the amp FX return 

2. An I right in thinking that the GX 100 amp control can switch both tip and ring independently?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• 1. The GX IRs are integrated in the amp block so initially that's a no ....but there is an amp called 'Transparent' which I believe you could use for this purpose.

2. Yes.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4400
    sorbz62 said:
    1. The GX IRs are integrated in the amp block so initially that's a no ....but there is an amp called 'Transparent' which I believe you could use for this purpose.

2. Yes.
     The AIRD technology amp models have the cab IR 'built in'.  However, in addition there are other 'traditional' amp models too and the GX100 has the facility to import up to 16 third-party IR's.  However, you have to use separate software to do this (ie you can't do this through its normal edit-software) which is somewhat archaic. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • Thanks guys. Will stick with my Boss GT100 for the time being