Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Voting for Solo of the Month (SotM) #91 - Making Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Voting for Solo of the Month (SotM) #91

What's Hot
Welcome to the voting thread for Solo of the Month (SotM) #91. Feel free to vote and comment in this thread.

Thanks to @digitalkettle for providing the backing track for this one.

Vote for your top 3 entries. If you're an entrant you can't vote for yourself.

1st choice gets 5 points
2nd choice gets 3 points
3rd choice gets 1 point

Voting will end at midnight 28th February 2023.

The top three will be announced after the voting closes. No prizes. It's just for fun.

It's not a competition.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• A fine crop of solo's , enjoyed them all:

5pts - @digitalkettle - playing fits so well with the swells and call and response melodies
    3pts - @fastonebaz - top class harmonies and melody, cranked to 11
    1pt -   @maharg101 - loved the slide work and how the sound blended so nice with the backing

great backing track @digitalkettle , well done everyone :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • It's the Day of the Digis  :) Great work all round, but here's my top 3.

5 Points @DigitalDave - Nice understated solo with tasty licks. Very stylish playing.

3 Points @digitalkettle - I liked the layering and delay effect, strong melodies played with flair.

1 Point @maharg101 - I also thought the slide work was great here and even though the solo sounded more dramatic than most, it still was a good fit. Built nicely toward a end crescendo.
    And they said that in our time, all that's good will fall from grace, even Saints would turn their face, in our time.
  • A bit of understatement wins the day for this one.

5 points : @digitalkettle : Best fit to the backing. The beginning had shades of the Jay Graydon solo on Peg. Nice layers and textures. Good melodies and phrases.

3 points : @DigitalDave : I wasn't sure of the beginning, but then it got going. Slots in nicely with the backing

1 point : @maharg101 : Nice use of slide giving a different take on things.

It's not a competition.
  • Voting ends tomorrow 28th Feb at midnight.

It's not a competition.
  • v nice beginning
    lovely delay setting
    2nd section was such an ear worm, I kept humming it after - it was like the theme tune to a police crime drama TV show

such a nice tone
    Splendid micro tone bends
    Loved the ending lick

1pts @maharg101 ;arg101
    Cool idea to use slide, i've never slid before.  Great chops
  • 5 points @digitalkettle for the best overall fit

3 points @DigitalDave for a great second half

1 point @maharg101 for the sliding slidy slides

Sorry to the rest of you. All great solos
  • Top work everyone. Brilliant to see so many entries, and again, what a backing tracking @digitalkettle ; !

5 points @Bellycaster - nice phrasing and harmonies, love the ending

3 point @digitalkettle - inventive, melodic playing, great production

1 point @flying_pie - really nice feel, some tasty licks which fitted the track well

This one goes to eleven

Trading feedback here
  • Entry closes tonight at midnight.

It's not a competition.
  • Glad everyone liked the BT!

Good work everyone...tough choices this month (as usual).

5pts - @Bellycasterwell put together...tasteful harmonies
    3pts - @DigitalDave - nice sense of development
    1pt - @flying_pie - similar to DD's entry, phrasing/space/build/etc.

• stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2072
    edited February 2023
    I've got a backing track from @fastonebaz ;for the next one.

Does anyone fancy submitting one for the month after that? Otherwise I'll inflict one of mine on everyone (now there's a threat )

It's not a competition.
  • I'll have one. Should be with you later tonight
  • @stratman3142 I will create more one day but right now I'm snowed under with DIY so none more from me for a while I'm afraid.
  • @stratman3142 I will create more one day but right now I'm snowed under with DIY so none more from me for a while I'm afraid.

I appreciate the numerous ones you've sent so far. You deserve a break. Although I think I'd rather make backing tracks than do DIY :)

It's not a competition.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

I appreciate the numerous ones you've sent so far. You deserve a break. Although I think I'd rather make backing tracks than do DIY :)

I've got loads of DIY coming up, but the upside is that I will have a new recording area once it's all done, so should be able to do more backing tracks too
    Er... Make that the weekend
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Er... Make that the weekend
    No rush. It's not needed until the end of March.
    It's not a competition.
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2072
    Voting closed.

It's not a competition.