Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). BBC Auction - Studio & Rec £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

BBC Auction

What's Hot
https://www.ppauctions.com/auction/365/bbc-archives-phase-3

Might be some kit there that would be of interest.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• BillDLBillDL Frets: 5615
    Wow!  There's an immense amount of stock there.  The one thing that pisses me off with auctions, or more correctly trying to decide on a maximum bid so as not to get carried away, is the additional charge:
    "Buyer's premium of 15.5% + VAT (at current UK rate) will be charged in addition on all lots"
    The "plus VAT" really sticks in my gullet.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • The circle of life. Money from the sale of gear that was paid for by the taxpayer going back to the taxman.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2124
    There have been quite a few of these in the last few years. Not sure about the video stuff but the audio gear usually fetches ridiculously high prices because "ex BBC" I suppose. I'd imagine most of it is either very heavily used and pretty tired, or has been sitting in a store cupboard for 20 years.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • LoFiLoFi Frets: 533
    Heh @ last item on list.

"I like your kitchen"
    "Thanks, it's from the BBC."
    "Oh, right... wait, what?!"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • RevMattRevMatt Frets: 751
    BillDL said:
     the additional charge:
    "Buyer's premium of 15.5% + VAT (at current UK rate) will be charged in addition on all lots"
    The "plus VAT" really sticks in my gullet.
    The VAT element is not normally on the item sale price but on the auctioneer's fees because the auction house will be a VAT registered business, e.g. a item selling for £100 will incur 15.5% fees (£15.50) plus VAT at 20% on those fees (£3.10) costing a total of £118.60
  • Stuckfast said:
    There have been quite a few of these in the last few years. Not sure about the video stuff but the audio gear usually fetches ridiculously high prices because "ex BBC" I suppose. I'd imagine most of it is either very heavily used and pretty tired, or has been sitting in a store cupboard for 20 years.
    Yeah, a friend of mine got some really good deals when they sold off a load of World Service stuff, mostly through buying job lots and breaking them up, but also some things that were mislabelled I think. Seems harder these days.