Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Capo info - Acoustics Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Capo info

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 1397
    bluecat said:
    The adagio pro deluxe looks nice for a cheapo capo,I would use one for a spare. I have used a shubb for many years now with no complaints,there is virtually nothing to go wrong with them. I still have a Hamilton USA from the sixties but it is quite antiquated looking now. Capo's have come a long way since the old D shaped ones with a screw thing at the back and orange rubber on the bar. That was my first one. Happy days.
    I have two adagios,both bought from Amazon. I've had no problem from either in three years. Rubber is still good.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8108
    To cope with arthritis by reducing the use of first finger barres I’ve started using a capo on the first or second fret. I’ve had a Shubb for a long time. On the basis of discussion here I picked up a G7 at the guitar show. I have to say in prefer the Shubb because it’s smaller and lighter. If I was playing acoustic guitar, and/or using it further up the neck, the decision might be different, but for the moment I’ll stick with the Shubb.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • CaseOfAceCaseOfAce Frets: 1067
    I've got a Shubb at home but I always use Kysers now. Just so easy to use, they grip well, no tuning issues.
    I can't see the point trying anything else right now.
    Just like a headless horse without a horse.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3144
    The new G7 looks ideal 

https://youtu.be/UWGj-KIfswI
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Having just bought a job lot of six capos for the princely sum of £13.50, I am now the proud owner of a Kyser, a Gyser (no surprise what that's a copy of), two Jim Dunlop capos that are similar to the Kyser, a Shubb and something called a Ferguson Perfect Pitch. 

The Ferguson is interesting. It has a radiused metal tongue that slides between the strings and the fingerboard. I'm not sure what the benefits of this are. It makes the capo quite fiddly to fit, and also sits higher than the fret, so raises the action slightly. I assume it must be there for a reason, but I have no idea what it is! In my brief experiments so far I haven't noticed anything that would justify the claim of 'perfect pitch'.

Anyone ever come across this device before?
  • WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 699
    tFB Trader
    @stuckfast I have a Ferguson sitting in my parts bin - must have come with a second hand guitar that landed in with us at some stage. It's a bit fiddly to use so I've never warmed to it. Currently using Paige Acoustic / G7th capos with no issues
    www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
  • @WindmillGuitars Yes I assume there must be some reason why they designed it like that but I can't see what benefit it could bring. Another happy Paige user here.
  • SpoonManSpoonMan Frets: 138
    edited September 2023
    I've had one of the cheap trigger/lever ones for over twenty years. Works fine and cost a couple of quid.

I've also got one of the cheap and cheerful ones with a strap that hooks on the top and a plastic "lever" to tighten it. It's not the easiest to fit initially but you can easily loosen it and slide it up or down without removing it.

Both work fine with different guitars because they have rubber block contacting the strings that moulds to the shape of the fretboard.
    I don't have a guitar with a flat radius though.

Anyone tried a "rolling" capo?