Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). What should I do with this? - Amps Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

What should I do with this?

What's Hot
vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3631
edited September 2013 in Amps
I have a Johnson JT50 mirage digital modelling amplifier along with the floorboard. I got this in about 2000 and at that time it was pretty decent. In fact the sounds are still quite usable but I just never use it and it's sitting there taking up room in my house and gathering dust but is in perfect working order and is actually eminently giggable. Johnson is now defunct and I can't find any guidance for prices, even if someone actually wanted to buy it. I'm finding it hard to believe any serious musician would want it but I want to shift it so the space it takes up can be filled with a Jet City cab and head.

What suggestions might people have for getting rid, but not junking it?

I'm thinking of one of the following routes:
  • Find a local music teacher and ask if any of his pupils want to take it off my hands cheap
  • Donate to a local music-related charity/non-profit
  • Offer it as a prize to local student guitarists in some form of music-related competition

Any other thoughts? I'm looking at gifting it; I don't really ned the money and I'd rather someone gets some guitar-related use out of it.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments