Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Audient - A disappointing experience. - Studio & Recording Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Audient - A disappointing experience.

What's Hot
Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
edited February 2023 in Studio & Recording
Last year my gear input requirements hit a spike with guitar, synths and a drum machine all needing to be connected so I decided to couple an Audient ID14 MK2 with a Motu 8 Pre via ADAT. The actual equipment was fine, well built, did the job and was just about the only ADAT interface in that price range so I felt a bit proud that they were a UK company as well. The interface needs their mixer app open to run which didnt cause many problems until I needed to update the firmware, click on update, try to download which always failed. No problem I'll just download it from the website, but you cant, you have to email support. 4 or 5 days later I get an email with the new firmware, pretty slow really in my opinion although they do email closing support tickets asking if everything been sorted. I sold a couple of synths and decided to downsize the interface for a Focusrite 8i6 and sell the Audient on eBay. The guy who bought it emailed me today asking me if I could de-register it so he could create an account and download some software it comes with, so I told him I didnt think I had registered it myself but would check when I got home. Got home and checked and as I thought I hadnt registered it.

Just be aware that if you buy any Audient stuff second hand you cant even register it or transfer ownership, never mind download any bundled software. Pretty poor really and has just wiped them from any future interest in their stuff

https://support.audient.com/hc/en-us/articles/6394307728020-Cannot-Register-My-product-ARC
Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Really? That's pretty crap. I was actually considering getting an id14, given that they seem to work reasonably well with Linux.

Guess I'll be looking elsewhere. Cheers.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Really? That's pretty crap. I was actually considering getting an id14, given that they seem to work reasonably well with Linux.

Guess I'll be looking elsewhere. Cheers.
    You can download the ID software which is the mixer but nothing else. I understand the Arc software side of things to a point as its easily abused I guess, but not being able to transfer or register ownership seems a bit strange to me. Im back on a Focusrite, registered it and offered the bloke any serials from their free stuff if he can make use of them.
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • That's not great. You can't beat RME for end user support and reliability. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TanninTannin Frets: 4394
    Wow. That is sad to hear. They seemed like a good company too. 

(I have an Audient but I have hardly used it. I don't ever seem to find the time for recording.)
  • I've not used the free 3rd party plugins so this would not bother me but I can see how this would be annoying. 
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4005
    I had an Audient id44, flaky as hell on my Mac, definitely would not buy another one 
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2016
    Yeah I just had a poor experience with a Used Evo 8 ...the warrant doesn't carry over to a 2nd user , even if its only a few months old...I got one which wasnt too old . now its playing up a bit and they told me its not covered...I won't be buying Audient again.

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview