Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Studio one send bus and Midi instrument tracks - Studio & Recording Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Studio one send bus and Midi instrument tracks

I have a vocal track, where my microphone is sent to a bus which outputs to a different output on my audio interface (this actualy inputs into a seperate audio interface on my work Laptop.
Now I want to do the same with an instrument track. 
So I have a bus called "output to Behringer", which outputs directly to the Behringer.
Now both go to the bus fine. The only problem I have is that the instrument track also goes to the master. The vocal track does not. Which is the same behaviour I want for the instrument track.
Any ideas?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• spark240spark240 Frets: 2016
    I have a vocal track, where my microphone is sent to a bus which outputs to a different output on my audio interface (this actualy inputs into a seperate audio interface on my work Laptop.
    Now I want to do the same with an instrument track. 
    So I have a bus called "output to Behringer", which outputs directly to the Behringer.
    Now both go to the bus fine. The only problem I have is that the instrument track also goes to the master. The vocal track does not. Which is the same behaviour I want for the instrument track.
    Any ideas?

Interesting...I can try this at home later...have you tried Dave Groenfield on the Facebook group?

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BodBod Frets: 1206
    edited February 2023
    Have you got an output set to "Cue Mix" (Outputs Tab under Audio Setup -> Song Setup -> Outputs tab).

The only way I could replicate that behaviour is with the instrument channel set to send to a cue mix that was setup to send to the same audio outputs as the master. 
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2124
    Have you accidentally added the "output to Behringer" as a second destination rather than replacing the original destination? I've done that in Pro Tools a few times -- if you hold down the wrong modifier key while selecting the output it gets routed to both the new output and the one it was already routed to.
  • Found out what it is. In the mix window. You not only have the sends, but also the input and output channel It it not immediately obvious that you can change these and a send does not supercede the output channel