Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Afterlife Acoustics - Acoustics Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Afterlife Acoustics

What's Hot
Just happened upon this curious eBay seller. They have a few oddball acoustics at gouge-y prices, but interestingly, they claim to have a "complete Eko archive of around 80 guitars! You can buy the entire set for 50K sterling, any interested persons, please enquire."

I know Eko guitars have their fans, but this seems obsessive. Anyone know more?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• BenSirAmosBenSirAmos Frets: 380
    edited February 2023
    Roberto Brandoni (RIP) of Brandoni guitars seemed to have a lot of Eko guitars or guitar parts - and a lot of Vox bodies and parts from closed factories. Perhaps they bought stock from Brandoni Guitars when it was dissolved (if they are really no longer trading). https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/229762/eko-italian-made-1960s-vox-guitars

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TanninTannin Frets: 4394
    There was a complete Eko set advertised for sale on ... er might have been Reverb about a year ago. I meant to start a thread about it but never did. Presumably this is either the same set or perhaps a part of it.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • bugilemanbugileman Frets: 54
    edited February 2023
    I think the prices are way beyond what they are really worth....I mean if someone wants to pay a grand for an Eko that's up to them. But not for me...my local music shop sells a range of EKO and other Italian guitars, but they are sensible prices. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 5615
    I'm sure I heard about this before ... efore ...fore ... ore ...e  ;)
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Ladies and gentlemen, I run the afterlife acoustics repair shop so I can confirm that we do indeed have the complete Eko acoustic guitar back catalogue for sale! Our prices are very competitive, offering a world acclaimed and professional service. EKO's priced at a grand (to answer my above competitors statement) are either prototypes or rare pieces that are not available anywhere else. If you want the best, come to my shop, if you want a pile of nonsense then there is plenty around. Thank you
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 1397
    They are dead to me!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TanninTannin Frets: 4394
    @afterlife_acoustics I just think it is great that someone has a complete set of this neglected make, and cares enough about them to have accumulated so many interesting guitars. Good luck to you!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter